Sign in to follow this  
pacoarizasystem

Blood on your clothes if you kill someone?

I've been thinking about that KoS topic because you don't know if the other person is good or bad, so I thought that a good and realistic way to know if someone is bad, is if he is covered with blood (of course only if you kill someone melee or close enough to splash you). Depending on the hit, for example, if you hit him with an axe at the head, your head and surroundings would be wet with blood, then you can change your clothes or just take a bath somewhere. What do you think? Maybe it's a confirmed thing but I'm not sure so I'll suggest it. Sorry if bad English :/

• Like 2

Melee weapons have only single swing type i hope they will change that i don't like how the character is handling melee weapons now.

I would like 3-4 different attack moves for each weapon and alternative attack or charging with heavier melee to perform stronger blow

Melee weapons have only single swing type i hope they will change that i don't like how the character is handling melee weapons now.

I would like 3-4 different attack moves for each weapon and alternative attack or charging with heavier melee to perform stronger blow

Yeah, maybe they'll improve that. Anyways, with a single kind of attack you can hit someone at the head, torso, arms or legs, depending on how you move to do the attack, so it would work the same.

I've been thinking about that KoS topic because you don't know if the other person is good or bad, so I thought that a good and realistic way to know if someone is bad, is if he is covered with blood (of course only if you kill someone melee or close enough to splash you). Depending on the hit, for example, if you hit him with an axe at the head, your head and surroundings would be wet with blood, then you can change your clothes or just take a bath somewhere. What do you think? Maybe it's a confirmed thing but I'm not sure so I'll suggest it. Sorry if bad English :/

There is an underlying dilemma to the humanity and skins functionality. I will give you a short anecdote of my experience just outside of Cherno earlier. I was moderately geared, most notably a magnum and sawed off with plenty of bullets. As I was leaving cherno, a fully geared player zig-zags up to me and claims he's friendly. Well, I don't believe him, so I dip off around a corner. He then states he's friendly again, but then tells me to put my hands over my head. Not so friendly anymore, so I turned back around the corner and ended his life, and likely all the hours he was server hopping to get completely pristine gear (fully equiped m4, 300 box ammo, 3 double clips, etc)

So, morally, would you consider that player or myself to have been the "bad guy?"

Your answer: the other guy.

So, would you suggest I be labeled in game as a murderer? 

The only possible way the banditry tracking system could be reintroduced into the standalone is if they designed a system to gauge all player actions dealing with another player. So, in this case, he would have been labeled the bad guy (or more bad than me in the situation) because he had his gun equipped and my hands were empty. But then, what if I had a gun in my hand to protect against players like that? then again, I would be labeled the murderer for protecting myself.

Furthermore, even in the supposed system I mentioned above, what if a completely nude player walks up to me, surrenders in front of me, then tells me I have to drop all my stuff or else his sniper buddy will put one in my head from behind? I'm being robbed, but even in that system the game would have no way of knowing those two individuals were working together to label both of them as "bad" for the second guy aiming at me. So, in that case, I would be justified to blow the naked guy's head off and start zig zagging to avoid the sniper.

Would you label me a murderer for that?

Murder, Banditry, Robbery, Intimidation - these are all definitions of the human mind, and as such are always arguable points. So if there can be one action, taken by only one player, that the game would consider as murder but he can justify - then the system is broken.

I will note though that this has been the best system so far, and if the idea were reworked to a simpler basis, I think it would be great.

For example, no humanity system, no bandit skins or hero skins, but a system where if you've killed another player, for any reason, blood spatter shows up on your clothes for 10 minutes or so. That way no player is permanently punished or altered for any of their actions, or other people's actions for that matter, however you could tell if someone has killed someone else for a short time afterwards.

Again though, even in that exact system I mentioned, there would still be plenty of problems.

Ha, double edit: If the blood were to be splattered on the clothes only, this would actually make a great system because you would be able to change clothes and get rid of the effect - given you had an extra change of clothes.

Edited by crimsonBZD
  • Like 2

what if you kill a zombie? zombies have blood

There is an underlying dilemma to the humanity and skins functionality. I will give you a short anecdote of my experience just outside of Cherno earlier. I was moderately geared, most notably a magnum and sawed off with plenty of bullets. As I was leaving cherno, a fully geared player zig-zags up to me and claims he's friendly. Well, I don't believe him, so I dip off around a corner. He then states he's friendly again, but then tells me to put my hands over my head. Not so friendly anymore, so I turned back around the corner and ended his life, and likely all the hours he was server hopping to get completely pristine gear (fully equiped m4, 300 box ammo, 3 double clips, etc)

So, morally, would you consider that player or myself to have been the "bad guy?"

So, would you suggest I be labeled in game as a murderer? 

The only possible way the banditry tracking system could be reintroduced into the standalone is if they designed a system to gauge all player actions dealing with another player. So, in this case, he would have been labeled the bad guy (or more bad than me in the situation) because he had his gun equipped and my hands were empty. But then, what if I had a gun in my hand to protect against players like that? then again, I would be labeled the murderer for protecting myself.

Furthermore, even in the supposed system I mentioned above, what if a completely nude player walks up to me, surrenders in front of me, then tells me I have to drop all my stuff or else his sniper buddy will put one in my head from behind? I'm being robbed, but even in that system the game would have no way of knowing those two individuals were working together to label both of them as "bad" for the second guy aiming at me. So, in that case, I would be justified to blow the naked guy's head off and start zig zagging to avoid the sniper.

Would you label me a murderer for that?

Murder, Banditry, Robbery, Intimidation - these are all definitions of the human mind, and as such are always arguable points. So if there can be one action, taken by only one player, that the game would consider as murder but he can justify - then the system is broken.

I will note though that this has been the best system so far, and if the idea were reworked to a simpler basis, I think it would be great.

For example, no humanity system, no bandit skins or hero skins, but a system where if you've killed another player, for any reason, blood spatter shows up on your clothes for 10 minutes or so. That way no player is permanently punished or altered for any of their actions, or other people's actions for that matter, however you could tell if someone has killed someone else for a short time afterwards.

Again though, even in that exact system I mentioned, there would still be plenty of problems.

I've thought about that too and I totally agree, that's why you would clean asap your clothes. The fact is that most of that kind of murder are made by the bandits because they can take you from behind with a couple axe hits, so if their weapon and clothes are damp of blood the people will see it and I think that those axe bandits would think it twice before attacking someone in a high population server. Also, it's not everything about a identifying system, it's a realistic thing to add to the game.

what if you kill a zombie? zombies have blood

But their blood is dry and rotten as they aren't actually alive, so I guess that their blood should be like blood sausages xD

You were definitely the bad guy here. You shot him for no reason. He said he was friendly, he just wanted to make sure you didn't shoot him, which you then did.

You were definitely the bad guy here. You shot him for no reason. He said he was friendly, he just wanted to make sure you didn't shoot him, which you then did.

No. As it is hard over text and short stories, let me explain this in a little more detail.

We'll skip to the first part, where the guy says "friendly." He's already zig-zagging with his weapon equipped. After I'm around the corner, he says, in the same half gleeful twelve year old voice "friendly" before changing his tone to say "put your arms in the air" in a victorious sort of way, while raising his gun fully at the corner I was behind.

It was obviously a ploy, and a poorly executed one too.

I've thought about that too and I totally agree, that's why you would clean asap your clothes. The fact is that most of that kind of murder are made by the bandits because they can take you from behind with a couple axe hits, so if their weapon and clothes are damp of blood the people will see it and I think that those axe bandits would think it twice before attacking someone in a high population server. Also, it's not everything about a identifying system, it's a realistic thing to add to the game.

Every time I come back to this post I keep thinking what a great example this is of a wonderful idea that just wouldn't work, for an number of reasons.

Someone who has a pattern of repeatedly killing less geared or unarmed players is probably a bandit. 

People who aren't generally leave newbies alone. But again, with fresh spawns, it's more difficult - as those have no regard for their own life and some of them think they can get away with knocking out people with gear .. 

Blood spatter as a realism thing? Sure. After all, you are correct in that smashing someone in the head with an axe will produce a lot of blood and that'll get everywhere. As a bandit indicator? Not really. If I'd just been attacked and survived, but had been bleeding, would you label me a bandit for the blood on my clothes? If you knew the blood was mine, of course not, but you will never know whether it is mine or not without asking me. Which you can't do if you've blown my head off assuming I'm a bandit.

TL;DR: I like the suggestion from a realism point of view, but that's it.

But their blood is dry and rotten as they aren't actually alive, so I guess that their blood should be like blood sausages xD

But thats not true.

They're infected, not dead. Its 28 Days/Weeks Later not the Walking Dead

What if you shoot them three hundred meters away with a rifle?

Blood from wounds and close combat would be good, but not as a bandit indicator. It would be a conversation starter when you notice a bloodstained machete, though. Bloodstained clothes after long periods of bleeding or massive wounds could be an indicator some-one needs some help. It would remove the "my clothes are stained with blood" message, too.

I really like this idea. As long as it is a melee close-quarters thing that would work. Could also have it that the blood can stain your clothes unless you get into the ocean or pond quickly - would give you the trade off of keeping your nice camo shirt with blood on it or changing into the checkered shirt you just found because it makes you look less like a murderer. 

The only down side to this that springs to mind is how do you tell if the blood on someones clothes is from another player or from them?

What if you shoot them three hundred meters away with a rifle?

I also posted this but it seems to have disapeared.

No, 

This is a game that has no consequences, no penalties, and the freedom to be or do whatever you want.

Thats part of the magic of DayZ.

There should not be or never be anyway of telling what kind of person someone is, just like it is IRL.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

No, 

This is a game that has no consequences, no penalties, and the freedom to be or do whatever you want.

Thats part of the magic of DayZ.

There should not be or never be anyway of telling what kind of person someone is, just like it is IRL.

IRL there are situations where you would get blood on clothes, hero and villan alike.

This could be replicated in the game.

It is not neccesarily an indication of a persons intent, especially in post apocalyptic world with actual villans running around.

i.e blood from someone else's wound, after a zombie or villan attack, in your attempt to save them.