Otis.Driftwood

tactical hand signals

Since there are more squads and clan each day and even real life experience soldiers would you like them to make tactical hand signals and not just hello and surrender.

Something like this, not all of them

0004.jpg

• Like 13

I would love these, great suggestions, every time when i'm playing with someone i put my hand in the air and do TWO and move my fingers lol

Absolutely amazing.

Too bad theres too many signals and you wont be able to bind them all and memorize which key was it.

Maybe just the most important ones should be implemented.

:beans: :beans: :beans: :beans:

I can imagine it now... trying to tell my squad to stop at a corner, hitting the wrong button, give the signal to move up, they all rush around the corner and get mowed down :P

Seriously though, we need more hand signals in the game. Pointing is confirmed, but we need stuff like this for quickly giving signals to squadmates.

Bump 

Like i said, most important ones. I know this can take a time to learn some of them but they are more useful then when team leader say STOP or GO or any other signal because there is full squad on chat and someone else can speak at that moment and things can be confusing. So, remember who is your team leader and watch his hand signals, perfect. 

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

I would be pleased with more gestures at all!

But how about cascading commands like

F1->F4->F4 

for

'I'->'see'->'sniper'

quick and intuitive!

What do you say?

• Like 1

awesome.

i think: "i see","i hear","stop","enemy","sniper" and all numbers are very usefull for the actual content.

I would love more gestures but I think the idea is that you're supposed to be a civilian, not a soldier, most civilians wouldn't know this stuff...although I suppose a group of people could make up their own signals.

• Like 1

This would be useful, but all the squads use private teamspeak anyway.

Yes but it would be more effecent when they just follow team leader body signs then just multiple player shouting because there is no hierarchy in teamspeak, right?

As much as I like this idea, I hate those hand and arm signals. That's not the hand and arm signal for a wedge. >:(  Also, do any of you know what a wedge is or what it's used for? ;)

Anyways, in all seriousness, I really like the idea and I even like elLoCo's idea as well. It would really make this much more immerse... Especially for us military guys. ;)

Here's some :beans: !

I would be pleased with more gestures at all!

But how about cascading commands like

F1->F4->F4 

for

'I'->'see'->'sniper'

quick and intuitive!

What do you say?

A lot better than "UNKNOWN. MAN. FIVE HUNDRED."

OH NO. ONE. IS DOWN.

:D

As for the signs, seriously, no need to add over 40. Or actually, you can but add their own section in the controls so people can bind as they like. Apart from that, just add the most basic ones and you're good to go.

• Like 2

I like the idea but where are we going to find 43 hot keys for each one with everything else ingame?

At least give us four more: F5, F6, F7 and F8.

F5 = Cross hands bird flapping wings.

F6 = Barking dog shadow hand.

F7 = Jazz hands.

F8 = Invisible box mime hands.

• Like 3

I like the idea but where are we going to find 43 hot keys for each one with everything else ingame?

This is very true. You can easily cut down a lot of the hand and arm signals with just a few basic ones.

Enemy in sight/Danger ahead - Raise your rifle; each raised finger along the hand guards indicates meters by the hundreds.

Get on line  - Extend both arms out at shoulder level; used for frontal assaults on enemy positions.

Wedge Formation - Extend both hands down at your side in a 45 degree angle; used for all around security in open terrain.

Tactical Column - Swing your non-firing hand (whole arm) counter clockwise; used for flank security but horrible for front/rear security

Halt - Palm up ear level; used for halting a patrol and allows for individuals to take up a security posture.

Freeze - Closed fist ear level; used for freezing a patrol in place i.e. a patrol is trying to be sneaky and hears an enemy near by or land square center in a mine/IED laden area. Everyone stops immediately, no excessive movement.

Assemble - Open palm held up head level and spun counter clockwise or clockwise; used for wanting everyone on your current position.

Danger Area (open terrain w/ little to no cover or roadways) - Make a slashing motion at the neck with a hand; used for informing others in your patrol that a "danger area" is up ahead and it is advised that there is near side/far side security established prior to crossing the area.

Double time - Run or hurry up; used for when the unit/persons are lagging behind and everyone needs to run to a particular area quickly.

There are hundreds of other hand and arms signals and many are usually unit/individual standard operating procedures (SOP) or in other words, people can make up their own meanings for said hand and arm signals.

• Like 1

For the second time i'll say : not all of them :)

Edited by Otis.Driftwood

For the second time i'll say : not all of them :)

I should have read it the first time my fault mate.  Still a shite ton of hot keys.

The engine already has the ability to augment a keypress with a double-tap or ctrl+key. Then we also have the opportunity to make lists with sub-commands. Think about tapping F5 for "stop/freeze" and double-tapping for "Go".

Also, you hold down a key and you get a scroll menu of gestures unique to that key. Combining single-press, double-tap, and scroll menu/number menu, we could easily have a gesture for every occasion from most urgent to least urgent.

• Like 1

Put them all in.

People could pick their own combinations.

Whether they be tactical/ funny.

• Like 1

I like the concept where guy suggested that you make your own hand signals.

post-335-0-29043500-1333908151.jpg

• Like 3

Why do you need these signals when you can use voice communication?

I like the concept where guy suggested that you make your own hand signals.

post-335-0-29043500-1333908151.jpg

That's awesomuuuu! Now what about the Chuck Norris?