Sign in to follow this  
thedavross

Death on ladders & Stairs

I play with a bunch of friends and a number of us have died on ladders and stairs just plainly walking on them has any one else experienced this and are the dev team aware of it.... so annoying. And nope it aint a sniper or other player as other team mates have seen them break dance on the ladder or stairs before they appear sometimes a bit of a distance away from the ladder or stair....pls fix this bug  >:(  >:(  >:(

Yes happened to me a lot when I just got into the standalone.

Dying on ladders hasn't happen to me the last 4 weeks using a few rules though:

1. Don't move while you click the climb up/down button

2. Don't have anything in your hands while you click the climb up/down button

3. When it seems like your falling after applying 1 + 2, DO NOT MOVE. Sometimes the animation bugs out anyway but you'll find yourself on the ladder a few moments later.

Considering stairs; I usually don't sprint while running up / down stairs or when I'm around them, haven't had the bug that I died on stairs once so can't say I have a fix to that.

Edited by Problematic
  • Like 1

I play with a bunch of friends and a number of us have died on ladders and stairs just plainly walking on them has any one else experienced this and are the dev team aware of it.... so annoying. And nope it aint a sniper or other player as other team mates have seen them break dance on the ladder or stairs before they appear sometimes a bit of a distance away from the ladder or stair....pls fix this bug  > :(  > :(  > :(

I know Dean knows about the dying on stairs, but I dont know about ladders. 

I'm afraid of ladders and avoid them completely. Stairs are not too bad but the ones in the barns with the little loft above are very dangerious indeed. I always manage to walk off the side somehow and either die break a leg or hurt myself. need less to say I no longer covet any of the things to be found in barns at this point.

Well at least opening doors no longer breaks your legs like they used to in the mod.

Generally avoid ladders unless the loot is worth it.

Despite all of the things people tell you, lag will still crush you from time to time.

Hi.

I haven't died on a ladder in SA yet, though I never climb them with anything in my hands. On an extremely dark night, I did manage to fall off the loft in the barn FishGuts4Lunch mentioned though lol.

Has anyone noticed if you can still break a leg while crawling under a pine tree like in the mod? I found that one super annoying.

Regards.

I'm afraid of ladders and avoid them completely. Stairs are not too bad but the ones in the barns with the little loft above are very dangerious indeed. I always manage to walk off the side somehow and either die break a leg or hurt myself. need less to say I no longer covet any of the things to be found in barns at this point.

Well at least opening doors no longer breaks your legs like they used to in the mod.

LOL Iv died there in the barn stairs too i got to the bottom i think like 2cm from bottom cut the corner did a shimmy n hey presto your dead... if the z Apocalypse ever happens keep this in mind folks sod the zs beware of stairs n ladders there owt to get ya!  :lol:

Edited by thedavross

Just had my first death on a fire station ladder... The animation pushed me over the roof edge, started falling, then suddenly found myself on the ladder an then black screen.... You are dead :(

Yes happened to me a lot when I just got into the standalone.

Dying on ladders hasn't happen to me the last 4 weeks using a few rules though:

1. Don't move while you click the climb up/down button

2. Don't have anything in your hands while you click the climb up/down button

3. When it seems like your falling after applying 1 + 2, DO NOT MOVE. Sometimes the animation bugs out anyway but you'll find yourself on the ladder a few moments later.

Considering stairs; I usually don't sprint while running up / down stairs or when I'm around them, haven't had the bug that I died on stairs once so can't say I have a fix to that.

^This.

Additionally: Don't vault if you are not on ground level. Like...never.

And take your time (if you are not under fire) if you move up/down, no matter if you use stairs or ladders...patience is always the key in DayZ. No matter what the topic is ,)

But a glance at the bugtracker ( that's, where you report bugs btw.) shows taht these issues are known since some time and I'm pretty sure the devs are aware of it. So, also on regarding fixing this bug: Patience :)