Sign in to follow this  
Irenicus (DayZ)

Caves and Bears

Okay, so base-building is obviously a well known addition we will see eventually, but I have had this idea ever since the mod. I would really like to have caves scattered around the map. Then when we have animals etc there would be the possibility of encountering say a bear, or wolves when entering a cave. This is just a rough idea but you get the idea.

Animals should eventually be possibly hostile, if you get too close for example. So I don't think it's a stretch.I'm really more interested in the caves though. They would be great places to hide and make camp fires etc. I really thing it would be very very cool. Dark damp caves becoming hideouts, camps, temporary shelters when it rains.....etc

I've not read or heard anything about caves so if I have missed it I apologise.

Thoughts?

It'd be really great if Rocket would read this and comment :)

I don't really mind for the caves, but i definitely want animals in the woods. I know that they'll implement the hunt so i guess there will be a lot of animals that can be hunt, or hunters !! I think will just have to wait for that, for what concernes the caves they would be usefull when the weather will be implemented and the fire too. I mean, it would add a lot to the survival experience, imagine that you're walking through the woods and it's snowing, so you need a repair and you only found a cave, i found it interesting, if they'll be added it'll be a nice addition to the survival aspect of the game for sure !

I would love to have caves but I'm sure I read somewhere that the engine isn't really capable of doing it? I don't know. I imagine caves would become occupied by bandits rather quickly after base building/camping is in.

I would love to have caves but I'm sure I read somewhere that the engine isn't really capable of doing it? I don't know. I imagine caves would become occupied by bandits rather quickly after base building/camping is in.

Caves, mines, underground facilities etc would (will) be instances... like in games like Skyrim or Fallout. Enterable only via teleporting doors (short loading screen). :)