Sign in to follow this  
Miquinei

Easy and simple idea on how to tackle combat-logging issue

Hello, 

Just now, after 15 minutes of stalking and best of my stealth play, two fully geared bandits managed to get away from my fists of justice by using the combat logging method (you log out as soon as you're being attacked or hold up etc. and there is no way to track you down).

Either way here are mine suggestions on how to fix the problem:

- If you want to exit the game, there is a 30 seconds countdown - while you wait you can't move, or have your weapon up etc.

- You can't log out while you're restrained nor with pressed F2 or while you're sitting.

If you quit the game with alt + F4 or disconnect your router, your character stays on the server for another 30 seconds.

Simple and easy.

PS: Sorry if I am doubling threads or something, just thought I'd put it out there as combat logging is very annoying.

Cheers! 

Hello, 

Just now, after 15 minutes of stalking and best of my stealth play, two fully geared bandits managed to get away from my fists of justice by using the combat logging method (you log out as soon as you're being attacked or hold up etc. and there is no way to track you down).

Either way here are mine suggestions on how to fix the problem:

- If you want to exit the game, there is a 30 seconds countdown - while you wait you can't move, or have your weapon up etc.

- You can't log out while you're restrained nor with pressed F2 or while you're sitting.

If you quit the game with alt + F4 or disconnect your router, your character stays on the server for another 30 seconds.

Simple and easy.

PS: Sorry if I am doubling threads or something, just thought I'd put it out there as combat logging is very annoying.

Cheers! 

If you log out while restrained in handcuffs or while unconscious, you will die.

No timer will stop a combat logger, mod proved that.

I put a suggestion up that any logout should leave your character logged into the server (completely immune to zombies) but still vulnurable to other players for 5 minutes.

This will stop combat logging (or better, if they combat log and you can't find them sitting still in five mintues, they effectively got away) and will prevent ghost killing.

They will just unplug their Ethernet cord or pull the wireless card out of the usb port, or even throw the switch on their power supply. 

My solution is using the search function. Seriously, this has been suggested so many fucking times before.

• Like 2

everytime i click the thread ready for a surprise... but no, its always the same... *sigh*

They will just unplug their Ethernet cord or pull the wireless card out of the usb port, or even throw the switch on their power supply. 

its not of concern to the server WHY connection is lost. the character will remain on the server, visible and attackable to anyone, until the timer finishes..

I put a suggestion up that any logout should leave your character logged into the server (completely immune to zombies) but still vulnurable to other players for 5 minutes.

Holy overkill!

Why should everyone be subjected to having to find someplace 5-minute-timespan remote just to log off?

Quoted from one of the other couple of thousands threads about this; 

Work on queued login has begun and should be implemented soon. This allows for penalties in certain situations, in the form of a timeout. Which means their character will stay in the server they logged out from, until their timeout has expired. It's the devs solution to both combat logging and server hopping. Default time is 30 seconds + plus any penalty we apply to combat logging/rapid server hopping etc.. So that means, as a minimum, their character will still be present for at least 30 seconds. During this time you can loot, kill, anything, to that player and the results will be saved.

Holy overkill!

Why should everyone be subjected to having to find someplace 5-minute-timespan remote just to log off?

Because if you're logging off, you should not be in a situation that will get you imminently killed. Like combat. That is called combat logging. It is a thing that cunts do.

Because if you're logging off, you should not be in a situation that will get you imminently killed. Like combat. That is called combat logging. It is a thing that cunts do.

I'm not talking combat-logging; I'm talking "normal" logging. 5 minutes just seems extreme.

Why not just have it so that you can't log whithin 50m of someone?....Wait that could be exploited to see if anyone was nearby

I'm not talking combat-logging; I'm talking "normal" logging. 5 minutes just seems extreme.

The idea posted above wasn't for it to take 5 minutes to log off; just for your body to stay in-game for 5 minutes. It would also mean you have to be careful about where you log, and pretty much stop combat loggers completely. It's not a perfect idea, but it's better than right now, where any asshole can just alt-f4 if they don't want to lose their precious gear.

The idea posted above wasn't for it to take 5 minutes to log off; just for your body to stay in-game for 5 minutes. It would also mean you have to be careful about where you log, and pretty much stop combat loggers completely. It's not a perfect idea, but it's better than right now, where any asshole can just alt-f4 if they don't want to lose their precious gear.

No, I understand what he meant. It just seems like overkill.

For example: I have kids. If I happen to be near a. Not so safe area and have to hide and log out quickly, I shouldn't have to worry about being vulnerable for 5 minutes.