Sign in to follow this  
Xenogenetic

Transportation: Handcar - The Perfect Transport.

24 members have voted

1. 1. Handcar? Yes or No?

• YES YES YES!
    • Yes...
    • Hmm?
    • No Thanks, no point?

So, I was thinking long and hard at transport, because it's clear walking these long distances is too much. A few days after I started playing it took me 3 hours to get to a Military area, of course I did get lost a "few" times ;).

I have heard that Cars and Helicopters will come out eventually, and that's fine. I also think Horses would be real cool to ride.

But what about Handcars? Imagine it for a second... Looking in to the distance and seeing two Bandits pushing together to move a Handcar on the railway! I think it would be so funny and realistic at the same time. It's just so simple and effective. Unless you bring out Trains, the railway wouldn't have too much use, this would give it use!

For those who don't know what a Handcar is I'l explain. It's like a small thing you put on the railways and to move it you need 2(sometimes 1, depending on the Handcar) people to push to gain momentum.

What do you think?

handcar.jpg

Edited by Xenogenetic
  • Like 3

I wish there were trains and handcars. Put one chokepoint where you can switch tracks but otherwise make everyone smash into each other.

I wish there were trains and handcars. Put one chokepoint where you can switch tracks but otherwise make everyone smash into each other.

Interesting. In real life, there are problems where one handcar is blocking the way, the only way they could resolve the issue was to take it apart and off the rails, let the other one go through, then set it back up. I don't know what they could implement to make this work, but I would love to find out :p!

Would like to see this, and it shouldn't be too hard to implement either.

As it is right now they could simply force spawn a few (2-3) when servers restart, at a random position along the track.  If you run into another one going the other way you could simply switch handcars.  It could certainly help for getting quicker to a friends location if you have died, without running for an hour.

In the future, they should be extremely rare spawns though, and most likely way to acquire one should be through crafting.  Need 4 wheels, a bunch of axels, gears, levers, nuts and bolts, etc, and maybe even the possibility to motorize them to make a simple railway engine.  And even possibility to craft full on locomotives somewhere in the future.

Would like to see this, and it shouldn't be too hard to implement either.

As it is right now they could simply force spawn a few (2-3) when servers restart, at a random position along the track.  If you run into another one going the other way you could simply switch handcars.  It could certainly help for getting quicker to a friends location if you have died, without running for an hour.

In the future, they should be extremely rare spawns though, and most likely way to acquire one should be through crafting.  Need 4 wheels, a bunch of axels, gears, levers, nuts and bolts, etc, and maybe even the possibility to motorize them to make a simple railway engine.  And even possibility to craft full on locomotives somewhere in the future.

I really like your idea.

I can imagine 2 Handcars meeting each other.. and the people on each handcar would have to fight each(unless their a friendly bunch ^.^) other to gain control of the other cart to keep going the direction they wanted to go.