bebopspeedy

Do you Think DayZ Should Port to Console?

Please Leave a legitimate response to the following question,

Do You Think DayZ Should Port To Consoles?

Legitimate answers would look like this please,

"I do/do not think it should because(your reason here)and that would(how the port would affect you or the DayZ Community)"

Please answer truthfully! 

I do think it should because then I could finally play this game! and that would be great because I could experience the sometimes intense, every move could be your death feeling aswell as the "Forest-running Simulator 2014" Moments where im just running though a forest, or crouching around xD

Extra Details: I have a PS4 and hope it ports because My parents bought my console and I cant afford to buy myself a PC but I hope my parents buy me one for my birthday! :D

Sure, why not. After PC version is done obviously and they can hire people to do the extra work of porting and whatever comes with it.

Edited by myshl0ng
  • Like 4

Nope. Go mow some lawns, clean neighbors' gutters, rake leaves, pull weeds, recycle bottles, shovel snow, and save the money yourself to buy a computer. It will be good for you, and every thing you do with that machine will be more meaningful to you since you worked hard to earn it.  

• Like 3

Yes I do think so! I also have a PS4 and I think it would be easy with this new powerful gen! It would run better than my gaming laptop that's for sure! Lastly I love PC but I really love the feel of a controller more and more convient feature. Like the DVR!

And on top if that they would make even more money! It's a win win!

It wouldn't be as robust as the PC because of the lack of modding for private servers and generally games like DayZ usually don't get the continued support once they hit consoles.

But I'm all for more people having access to great games as long as the devs stick to their view about how the game is meant to be, rather than making it more streamlined for the masses.

zVqRRv9.png

Stop port beggin wont happen.

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 10

Nope. Go mow some lawns, clean neighbors' gutters, rake leaves, pull weeds, recycle bottles, shovel snow, and save the money yourself to buy a computer. It will be good for you, and every thing you do with that machine will be more meaningful to you since you worked hard to earn it.  

Or throw a big ass fit, get what you want, play DayZ for about 2 months tops, get bored, get interested in paintballing, repeat.

I believe it will be ported, but not before 2015, however, as a member of the PC Master Race, I don't really see the point, think of how many buttons you use for DayZ right now, now try to map them to a controller, yes, certain things can be simplified down to a single button(the emotes are a good example), but they would need to do some major refactoring of the actual design in my opinion to make it suitable for console peas- users.

Rocket did say if DayZ was successful enough, it would be under consideration, but really, it is way too early to be asking for it, come back after release.

zVqRRv9.png

Stop port beggin wont happen.

Im not "beggin" Lol. Im asking the veiws of other people, I like to hear other peoples veiws, as long as they arent asses when they state them,

That's exactly what we need, dumbed down console ports...

If you dont like the Idea so be it, In my veiw DayZ Is needed everywhere, to me its a pretty fuckin awesome game that shouldnt just limit itself to a computer, Yeah, I know the PC "Master Race" will get there DayZ alpha state/Fully out first befoe a console is even considered, but I for one like the idea, 

• Like 2

I don't really see how it would benefit from a console port, beyond opening up a new user base.

There is, first of all, the issue of controls. While some of them can be simplfied, I don't think you can do enough with a controller to do the experience justice.

Another issue is with whether the port would make use of console servers, or the pc servers. I can't think of any cross platform shooters. I know Microsoft did some internal testing with the console and pc versions of Halo, and the scores were extremely one-sided, in favor of the computer users. There's a reason aim assist is a pretty standard feature of console shooter; you just can't beat the accuracy of a mouse.

So that means console players would either make use of separate servers and hives, which isn't a bad thing in itself, or else the console players will be playing at a huge disadvantage.

Yes, what we need is a modular console where each major block - CPU / GPU / etc. - can be upgraded as technology advances... Wait! Wouldn't that just be a PC with graphics limited to 1080p. (Okay I'll let you expand to 4k, but that doesn't change much!).

I think we have enough console/COD kiddies as it is. Let's not make it worse shall we?  :P

• Like 2

Yes, what we need is a modular console where each major block - CPU / GPU / etc. - can be upgraded as technology advances... Wait! Wouldn't that just be a PC with graphics limited to 1080p. (Okay I'll let you expand to 4k, but that doesn't change much!).

I imagine well see a drift. PCs and consoles will start to look more and more like each other. You can already see a little of that in the steam box (moving pc games to the television), and whatever the modular pc design razor is putting together is called. Though I am a little skeptical of the razor system, as it requires a change in hardware standards. Sure looks interesting, though.

I imagine well see a drift. PCs and consoles will start to look more and more like each other. You can already see a little of that in the steam box (moving pc games to the television), and whatever the modular pc design razor is putting together is called. Though I am a little skeptical of the razor system, as it requires a change in hardware standards. Sure looks interesting, though.

Either way, if it isn't modular it will die off sooner or later.

Why not? It doesn't affect me in the slightest. It would be a lot of extra work for the team and could be very difficult to pull off but why not?

i really don't care much since I trust Rocket, that any future console port would not mean dumbed down PC game.

So PC first, then once it's done (or nearly done) let them have additional funds by making console port.

Why not? It doesn't affect me in the slightest. It would be a lot of extra work for the team and could be very difficult to pull off but why not?

Because that means even less people to polish, and work on the pc version.

All eyes should be on the pc version and the pc version only.

• Like 1

I don't see why it shouldn't be ported, once the PC version is finished, but that's a long way off. I imagine it would be different but retain the same focus on interaction that the SA does, I don't think it would affect the PC at all. Personally, I wouldn't touch a console version though.

No, it should not be ported.

Why? Well first reason is usability. Even if you could somehow figure out a decent way to port over all the controls to a scheme that would work on a controller, good luck aiming anywhere near as accurately as you can with a mouse. You're also looking at probably a total rework of the GUI. You'd also be moving with a control stick ... but afaik Arma only gives you 8 different directions of movement (forward/backward, left/right, and diagonals) so movement would be really clunky unless they totally redo that.

Second reason is the engine. Arma is notorious for running like shit on computers that can run anything else on super high settings, and its because it uses resources in a totally different way than most other games do, with the bottlenecks being CPU to a ludicrous amount compared to other games, and believe it or not, hard drive read and write speed. Good luck making it work on a completely different console architecture.