Sign in to follow this  
DarkwaveDomina

Hotkey for Weapon Flashlights

I searched for threads on this, but the only relevant ones were in the DayZ Mod Suggestions forum and not the equivalent forum for Standalone.

In DayZ Mod I was a big fan of the Remington 870 shotgun due to its integrated flashlight. I like to play on night servers from time to time, preferably without being cheap and raising my gamma, so I was very excited when I found out you can add a flashlight to the M4 (and now the FNX45). Unfortunately, unless I am missing something, there doesn't seem to be a way to turn them on and off without going in to your inventory and right-clicking on them, this is extremely unwieldy when you're trying to maintain some level of stealth by turning your flashlight on only when necessary.

To sum it up: Please can we have a hotkey to toggle the weapon flashlights? I'll bake you cookies.  :)

• Like 6

I don't see a reason why not.
It should be possible to implement fairly easy and it would be a big improvement.
By the way: Same for the Bipod...

Good suggestion. I went through the same process and looked through my key bindings to no avail. 

Edited by solodude23

Keybindings would be fine, but I was shocked that there wasn't a mouse scroll option to turn on/off/equip attachments on weapons.  I had thought for sure that would have been in the game since most tools and consumables have that exact feature.

• Like 1

I would like to see a toggle attachment key binding myself.

So whatever attachment you have that require to be turned on, then that key would take car of it.

The scroll wheel idea makes sense as well/