Sign in to follow this  
rydekk

Perhaps an alternative to KoS = Tazers?

I know this is a long stretch, but most KoS i encounter are from close range. Perhaps adding tazers to the game declines KoS a bit in the way of "you don't have to kill one in order to secure your safety" ofcourse, tazing could also be used by bandits to strip the player of loot entirely leaving him with bare minimum if not completely nothing. But i think for the most of us, Tazing people who do not comply is a better alternative too killing others on sight.

The tazers  would need batteries, you would also need a tazerhead (the module that has the spikes, wires, firing mechanisme). So finding it and having the means to fire it may be a bit difficult. But when you have it, perhaps use it on someone who doesn't look enemy but you don't trust?

Tazing people gives you enough time to get away or cuff him in case you want to loot him.

Edited by rydekk

There is nothing wrong with KOS, it happens for a reason.

I have had less KOS instances in this than the Mod.

My reason is They either yell friendly or I do.
If no response that gives me an indication of a gun fight or not.

It is all down to preparation, knowledge of your surroundings and game (situational awareness) and wisdom, if you do not learn quickly this game is difficult.

The game is not the same without the high risk and if it got forcible dumbed down to the lowest common denominator I would stop playing as would a good portion of the community.

Low pop servers there are more friendly, high pop servers there are more KOS instances. Not all are out to just KOS, some do it in self preservation, it is him or me mentality.

As yourself why you KOS then you will find the answer, the bigger set of brass balls you have you will find you will have less KOS (less not none) because you stop caring and this means you are more confident and respond with Friendly, If you have your gun trained on someone who doesn't have theirs out or up you are the one with their life in your hands. Panic and you will kill them, confidence will let you relax a little bit more and not be so trigger happy reactive.

However, I would love to see tazers as they would be cool to use.

• Like 1

tazers wont do shit.. it's just a bambi weapon like in the mod.. if i had a choice between a gun and a tazer i would choose the gun so you die for good.. cuz you know.. we rowdy

tazers wont do shit.. it's just a bambi weapon like in the mod.. if i had a choice between a gun and a tazer i would choose the gun so you die for good.. cuz you know.. we rowdy

But the issue here is, when do you kill and when do you not? What if you do not want to kill someone? just to be safe of him in case he is agressive? Tazers can be the solution. Oh and bambi weapons? Never heard of them, and they will never exist.

Edited by rydekk

There is nothing wrong with KOS, it happens for a reason.

I have had less KOS instances in this than the Mod.

My reason is They either yell friendly or I do.

If no response that gives me an indication of a gun fight or not.

It is all down to preparation, knowledge of your surroundings and game (situational awareness) and wisdom, if you do not learn quickly this game is difficult.

The game is not the same without the high risk and if it got forcible dumbed down to the lowest common denominator I would stop playing as would a good portion of the community.

Low pop servers there are more friendly, high pop servers there are more KOS instances. Not all are out to just KOS, some do it in self preservation, it is him or me mentality.

As yourself why you KOS then you will find the answer, the bigger set of brass balls you have you will find you will have less KOS (less not none) because you stop caring and this means you are more confident and respond with Friendly, If you have your gun trained on someone who doesn't have theirs out or up you are the one with their life in your hands. Panic and you will kill them, confidence will let you relax a little bit more and not be so trigger happy reactive.

However, I would love to see tazers as they would be cool to use.

Never said KoS is a badthing, i just suggest this because i think there can be alternatives rather then just kill on sight. Tazing doesn't do anybody harm exept that you shock someone into temporary paralysis. Safe passage for you, and you didn't kill someone. and yeah, they're cool. :D

Tazers aren't very common in that part of the world and I doubt they'd be very reliable through heavy clothing and backpacks. Besides, many tazer incidents seem to be where the suspect is standing still or cornered. As well, the effect doesn't last very long (5 seconds) and also immediately stops if you let go of the trigger.

Perhaps riot control weapons with rubber bullets would be a better means of stunning people?

I'd like to point out that killing on sight isn't a problem but I do agree that there needs to be more ways to avoid the acts of killing others even though we do have handcuffs, ropes(soon) and burlap sacks to our avail.

Tasers are good but I'd like to see it more in-depth such as in example; If you drink a lot of sodas which contains a lot of caffeine and sugar combined, this would both create an reaction which would affect your heart to the point that it could pose fatal results. I'd also like to see some type of sedative like using a tranquilizer(or sleeping pills you could put in drinks) on a survivor that's becoming a threat to put them at rest for some time before awakening again which gives you enough time to get away.

Bumping this for good measures. Tazers are also used on moving targets. Rubber bullets are not a way to stun people. Rather to scare them away.

Tazers have a limited time correct. did i say you have hours?

Would stop us from killing people when they fail to comply.

For example, we saw a guy with no visible firearm, but an axe. Told him to stop running and lower the axe (we weren't going to kill him, but he was running around with it raised, and there was a body down the street fountaining blood 5 feet into the air which we assumed was his work). Instead of stopping, he started shouting friendly over mic, not responding to anything, just continuously shouting friendly, and running directly at us with the axe. So we shot him.

I tazers were added, this guy would still be alive, and many others who do the same sort of thing because they think that an axe beats a magnum.

Also removes the need for the KoS kids to ruin the precious gear they want to take from all those fresh spawns down on the coast.

• Like 1

Would stop us from killing people when they fail to comply.

For example, we saw a guy with no visible firearm, but an axe. Told him to stop running and lower the axe (we weren't going to kill him, but he was running around with it raised, and there was a body down the street fountaining blood 5 feet into the air which we assumed was his work). Instead of stopping, he started shouting friendly over mic, not responding to anything, just continuously shouting friendly, and running directly at us with the axe. So we shot him.

I tazers were added, this guy would still be alive, and many others who do the same sort of thing because they think that an axe beats a magnum.

Also removes the need for the KoS kids to ruin the precious gear they want to take from all those fresh spawns down on the coast.

exactly someone on the same frequency :D

bump

Really? A few hours from the last reply and you had to bump?

Personally, I don't want them. Doesn't seem like a good Idea to me. And it won't reduce KOS. People will still have guns and will still kill people, as a tazer won't stop the person who they just stole of from chasing them down straight after they get back up. 

Really? A few hours from the last reply and you had to bump?

Personally, I don't want them. Doesn't seem like a good Idea to me. And it won't reduce KOS. People will still have guns and will still kill people, as a tazer won't stop the person who they just stole of from chasing them down straight after they get back up. 

I want discussions, that's why i bump. And it's up to you to make sure you either get out, or tie him up.

i like the idea of non lethal weapons to stop someone, tho tazers dont fit in the setting imo...

any other ideas?