UGLYMRJ

Tent cities.

Couldn't find another post about this and I figured it would have been posted already but nothing... 

Is tent city completely useless now? I've searched several of them and literally found next to nothing... working as intended? Bug? Or is it from the influx of fresh spawns hoarding the gear from a character reset that came with the latest patch?

Pretty sure they nerfed the loot in those. I admit, it was pretty noob-friendly finding literally every attachment known to the entire game in about 5 minutes.

Pretty sure they nerfed the loot in those. I admit, it was pretty noob-friendly finding literally every attachment known to the entire game in about 5 minutes.

True... but I've found almost nothing in the 4-5 that I've looted. Seems a little overly nerfed IMO. And a couple of those... the AF itself was unlooted which leads me to believe that there just isn't shit there anymore. 

Edited by UGLYMRJ
  • Like 2

Check the type of server your on.  Hard Core vs Soft Core....I think the loot availability is different.

I'm pretty sure it is by design. Think about it, any real life situation military or police will be looted first. What you find will be minimal, and probably in pretty bad shape.

I'm pretty sure it is by design. Think about it, any real life situation military or police will be looted first. What you find will be minimal, and probably in pretty bad shape.

Again true... but this is a game. With that thought process the jails and airfields would be empty as well and there would still be strong military presence with less than 1500 zombies in Chernarus.  :P

• Like 1

It's not nerfed, it's bugged. Loot is not spawning in the military tents. Copy-pasting two replies I posted on another topic.

Just an update. I just tried going to a Regular server for the first time after the patch. Either the Hive maintenance that happened today fixed it, or it's only Hardcore servers that are bugged, because the Balota tents had gear normally now. Can anyone share their experiences, if they were on Regular or Hardcore? And if Hardcore, can you check the tents now? (I'm quite far from everything on HC servers).

To further add to my previous post. Tried another regular server, which I happened to have my old character, instead of a new spawn, and there were no loot spawns in tents anymore. It seems to be working on some servers, and most of them are not spawning loot. Related to the Central Database perhaps?

I also tried it on servers that just restarted, still no loot.

• Like 3

ah weird. Well, I had hoped they had nerfed it at least a little. Maybe not all the way, but I feel like most of that stuff is just a tad easy to access.

It's not nerfed, it's bugged. Loot is not spawning in the military tents. Copy-pasting two replies I posted on another topic.

Just an update. I just tried going to a Regular server for the first time after the patch. Either the Hive maintenance that happened today fixed it, or it's only Hardcore servers that are bugged, because the Balota tents had gear normally now. Can anyone share their experiences, if they were on Regular or Hardcore? And if Hardcore, can you check the tents now? (I'm quite far from everything on HC servers).

To further add to my previous post. Tried another regular server, which I happened to have my old character, instead of a new spawn, and there were no loot spawns in tents anymore. It seems to be working on some servers, and most of them are not spawning loot. Related to the Central Database perhaps?

I also tried it on servers that just restarted, still no loot.

Thanks... that's what I was looking for... almost impossible to find a long range scope and ammo boxes with servers like this. Not to mention the large amount of night time servers... hoping these get fixed quickly. 

I know loot in general was nerfed but tent cities being nearly empty seemed like over kill which is why I assumed it was a bug. 

Edited by UGLYMRJ
  • Like 1

ah weird. Well, I had hoped they had nerfed it at least a little. Maybe not all the way, but I feel like most of that stuff is just a tad easy to access.

I agree, I wouldn't mind a small nerf on the tents, but it's not spawning at all now.

• Like 1

I don't think they are even close to any kind of loot balancing.

I would assume that the most available items should be the newest ones so we can test them.

Why in the world would they be "nerfing" something in alpha. Laughable.

Why in the world would they be "nerfing" something in alpha. Laughable.

Hi.

Well in the case of nerfing drop rates in military tents, maybe, I dunno, to get people to alpha test the other side of the map instead of all day death match on the south coast.

I was happier than a fly in pigshit when I read they nerfed them. Now after reading this about it just being a bug...meh

Regards.

• Like 1

So what is the purpose of having enterable buildings/tents if they are not supposed to have loot? 

• Like 2

Guys they are probably disabling the loot spawns in those types of building while they tweak them, this is probably why red-roofed barns didn't spawn anything prior to the new patch as well.

Guys they are probably disabling the loot spawns in those types of building while they tweak them, this is probably why red-roofed barns didn't spawn anything prior to the new patch as well.

This is not the case since I managed to join a server that actually had loot spawned, after like 20 servers with no loot over the past 2 days of testing it. They also would've mentioned it in the patch notes if that was indeed the case.

• Like 1

This is not the case since I managed to join a server that actually had loot spawned, after like 20 servers with no loot over the past 2 days of testing it. They also would've mentioned it in the patch notes if that was indeed the case.

You found "a server with loot on it", or a server with loot in the military tents? You could be misunderstanding me here in a big way. I, nor anyone I have had contact with, has seen any loot in military tents since the update. Prior to this update loot only spawned in the tents with two doors, now it seems to spawn in none. It's probably intentional.

They didn't mention in the patch notes that red-roofed barns now spawn loot, people have found plenty of stuff since the last patch that was not mentioned in the notes.

None of them contain anything as of the patch a few days ago. I've searched at least a dozen of them now after server restarts. It's gotta be a bug.

You found "a server with loot on it", or a server with loot in the military tents? You could be misunderstanding me here in a big way. I, nor anyone I have had contact with, has seen any loot in military tents since the update. Prior to this update loot only spawned in the tents with two doors, now it seems to spawn in none. It's probably intentional.

They didn't mention in the patch notes that red-roofed barns now spawn loot, people have found plenty of stuff since the last patch that was not mentioned in the notes.

I should've clarified it better, I found one server that actually had military tents spawning loot, but all the others didn't. To be honest some houses are empty too aswell (they weren't looted either), but for most part, everything else is spawning.

I should've clarified it better, I found one server that actually had military tents spawning loot, but all the others didn't. To be honest some houses are empty too aswell (they weren't looted either), but for most part, everything else is spawning.

If you found a server with military tents spawning loot then it's the proverbial white whale, nobody else seems to be finding them and that's why I suspect loot has been disabled in the tents while they work on them.

I have noticed that, since the last patch, loot now spawns in red-roofed houses barns and has seemingly stopped spawning in the grey garage/sheds. I imagine they are tweaking loot in the sheds because you used to find 1-3 crash helmets in every single one.

Edited by Ulfhedjinn
  • Like 1

There is also a tent city at the NW airfield. I think they just removed the loot table so they can add a new one. Those tents spawned way too much good stuff.

• Like 1