real meatshield

*THIS* is why I KOS.

So here I am, looking to do a good deed before I log off and go to work. Gonna go down to the beach, help out some freshies. Not my usual game plan, but I was feeling somewhat magnanimous today.

In retrospect, I realize that the green tshirt guy is not the black tshirt guy that was with red tshirt guy... but in the heat of the moment, I assumed all was good. Never again. You are all gonna die.

• Like 4

Well the fact that they made it very difficult for your run-of-the-mill player to gear up now, bambis are going to take every shot they can to gear up quick.  Stay away from them at all costs lol.

• Like 1

In retrospect, I realize that the green tshirt guy is not the black tshirt guy that was with red tshirt guy... but in the heat of the moment, I assumed all was good. Never again. You are all gonna die.

The true logic of a noob newspawn killer. Btw have you removed your video? It says it is not available (no biggie, I am certain nothing of value was lost).

• Like 1

Didn't watch the video but if you're gonna be nice to anyone, always hold them up and always watch your back. only reward or help out if they comply to your orders.

• Like 3

ofcourse i would try to kill geared players as a bambi. why not? i have nothing to lose.

Videos that are still processing make me want to KoS too.

TL:DR. Your just going to contribute to the problem rather than just avoid it all together. 

• Like 3

Gonna go down to the beach, help out some freshies.

And how you know that those freshies on the beach are not bandits that were killed few minutes ago?

• Like 4

Didn't watch the video but if you're gonna be nice to anyone, always hold them up and always watch your back. only reward or help out if they comply to your orders.

Not to mention tell them not to turn around and face you. Everyone makes this mistake,

• Like 2

it surely sucks to get shot in the back dude, but honestly its only 1-2 hours before your all geared up again. Happened to me yesterday and wasn't to hard to get back 90% of the gear I had. Went to bed thinking the same thing as you...''fuck it kill everyone''  But now it seems silly to sink to his level. Play the way you enjoy don't let others manipulate your style.

• Like 1

Instead of turning bandit or whatever, be a better, smarter hero. Exacting some sense of revenge on strangers isnt the only option.

• Like 5

Not to mention tell them not to turn around and face you. Everyone makes this mistake,

Exactly. When I feel like being a real hardass when i get the drop on someone, usually the first thing i say is "Hello. Get down on the ground now. you have 3 seconds to follow my order or i'll blow your fucking head off. One, two...." Well, they better have listened by that point xD If they turn to me, try to run, or I see their arms start to shuffle: bye bye.

• Like 1

TL:DR. Your just going to contribute to the problem rather than just avoid it all together. 

Yeah. I haven't seen the video, but since the OP is basically a copy-paste of a lot of similar posts I can easily guess what happened: OP was careless and got killed. Now, rather than remedy that carelessness and learn from the experience, they have grown a fear of all interaction and try to escape it by mindlessly killing.

• Like 5

What sucks ever worse is the fact that you could be knocked out with one punch to the face, while having an army helmet on. Why bother having them in game if they do absolutely nothing. And I know they don't protect your head from crap. It's been tested and proven. 

Yeah. I haven't seen the video, but since the OP is basically a copy-paste of a lot of similar posts I can easily guess what happened: OP was careless and got killed. Now, rather than remedy that carelessness and learn from the experience, they have grown a fear of all interaction and try to escape it by mindlessly killing.

Not to mention probably goes to the high traffic cities. As soon as I spawn I go to the nearest water pump and head in land. I was maybe 10 minutes from the international airfield once from doing that

So here I am, looking to do a good deed before I log off and go to work. Gonna go down to the beach, help out some freshies. Not my usual game plan, but I was feeling somewhat magnanimous today.

Watching the video, I was just waiting for the guy to punch you in the face. What were you expecting haha? Even if you confront the guy in a friendly way, BE CAUTIOUS. Do not let him even face you. Order him to crouch/prone, facing away, in a corner. Keep your gun out while rummaging through your pack. You basically gave him an open invite to have all of your gear. Not saying I wouldn't be pissed, but I realized after a few stupid deaths that being friendly and not KoS'ing requires extreme caution.

This experience is not a good reason to turn to the dark side.

What sucks ever worse is the fact that you could be knocked out with one punch to the face, while having an army helmet on. Why bother having them in game if they do absolutely nothing. And I know they don't protect your head from crap. It's been tested and proven. 

Although from what I understand the problem goes beyond punching, clearly a helmet doesn't protect your face. Military helmets should surely not block a punch to the face.

Edited by solodude23
  • Like 1

I thought the motorcycle helmets protected against knock out and the ballistic helmet helped with bullets.(Supposedly)

Yeah, I'm frickin' sick of coasties and newspawns too.  Now, whenever I come across them I just do messed up shit like this:

• Like 9

I thought the motorcycle helmets protected against knock out and the ballistic helmet helped with bullets.(Supposedly)

Ive totally been knocked out with moto helmets on before. And shot dead in the head while wearing an army helmet. Point blank with a mosin, maybe that's why. haha, but still...

Yeah, I'm frickin' sick of coasties and newspawns too.  Now, whenever I come across them I just do messed up shit like this:

*Video*

Before watching the video I was already conjuring up some terrible thing to say about you. :)

Guess I don't have to!

Edited by solodude23

Why would the army helmet protect the face from punches?

• Like 1

Is this like Facebook now? Just saw another thread where someone went like: "Hear and heed! I don't like XY, so I will uninstall the game!", and before that "Huuuueeee, I tried to be nice and died, now all have to pay!"

Okay, you actually can discuss the topic itself, but the way it's presented is kinda ... meh.

Okay. You take the easy way out then. By the way. True heroes endure and continue. And learn from their mistakes, if possible. You can be helpful and still have some security rules in place.

Just keep in mind: Shooting everything on sight doesn't have to be better. Why? Common sense. Think about it long enough if you can't find possible drawbacks right away.

Edited by Combine
  • Like 1

This experience is not a good reason to turn to the dark side.

Damn right. I'm personally a bandit most of the time. That doesn't mean i'll kill you outright, but i will rob. Anymore, anyone you approach shouldn't know what is going to happen to them until the transactions have already been made. Just like the guy I helped out about 45 mins ago. I had my gun on him, dropped a magnum for him with some bullets, backed way up with gun still trained on him telling him not to move yet. Then I told him the magnum was there with the bullets and to have a nice day and good luck. Then I immediately ran off as soon as he said thanks and began to approach the gun I gave him.

You can be nice, but ALWAYS be cautious. 

That guy was hilarious too "Hey man. Please don't kill me please!! You're going to shoot me aren't you? You're going to fucking blow me away right? Man please don't do that. Please I only have an axe. Please don't I don't want to respawn. You're going to do it aren't you? Just do it already then if you're going to. Seriously man don't do it. I don't have anything. PLEASE DONT! I'll leave. Don't do it man!" lmfao!! I just sat there and let him finish, thinking to myself "lol my god just shut the hell up already"  :lol:

• Like 1