XA3

Multiple Profiles

Hi there!

Please explain to me as short as possible.

Before the last patch(before you could change your name in game) I had 2 folders regarding dayz.

1 was C/Users/Name/My Documents/DayZ

And in it I had a single DayZ.cfg file

2 was C/Users/Name/My Documents/DayZ Other Profiles

And in it I had a folder named after my "Steam Profile Name", and inside it I had a Config file(Steam Profile Name.DayZProfile) for my game settings.

Now there is a new Config file at C/Users/Name/My Documents/DayZ, named dima.DayZProfile.

dima is my name and also my computer name, so i guess thats why its default.

And after I joined a server for the first time since the patch, my character was a freshspawn, since I spawned in the middle of a town somewhere, zombies immediately ate me.

I joined another server, and Voila! my old character is back, not shure if it`s the same one from my last session, since I spawned in Berezino(logged off way up north prior to the patch).

Since my settings got reset, I quickly logged off, to change, them, and after that, I`m a freshspawn again, but resieved a message about not being able to load a character or something.

So which one of the two DayZProfile`s is my new one, and whether I should delete one of them so they don`t conflict liek that, or something.

2muchfrustration, please help) 

Same thing happened to me , yesterday i got killed 3 times, 3 times spawned back as a geared character, or today i got server wipe, and switched the server like 5 times and i spawned back  5 times in different place

Edited by zerox024

There should be plenty of threads about this topic. Even from today. Seems as the SEARCH function is not working on the forums? Somebody might check that...

• Like 1

There should be plenty of threads about this topic. Even from today. Seems as the SEARCH function is not working on the forums? Somebody might check that...

Would you be so kind as to post a coupel of these similar threads here, my search is indeed not working for me today

Guys, come on. Many servers are not connected with the hive, this is why on these servers characters aren't loading and saving properly. The config files are another matter.

Mainteinance to the hive is scheduled for...now. It's happening. Check at least the news section, there is a thread about this issue...the first damn section. Not mentioning dozens of threads like this one that received an answer.

Don't get us wrong, but if everybody writes instead of reading the forum only gets more difficult to use ;)

Edit: in the news section there are only 15 threads, and you have to pick up the last created...you don't need a link. I hope that this post helps you :)

Edited by Gugolas
  • Like 1

allrighty)

after searching and looking through the forums on the topic of multiple profile config files, I came up with a total sum of ZERO thoughts or suggestions regarding this matter.

still unsolved.