Sign in to follow this  
mordax

BEST anti-hack ever! Developers PLEASE read!

Hi, It's very simple really. Everyone who have created some hacks/scripts for any games, know that upon new .exe file, the hack/script will no longer work, because code is in different places.

It is easy to make a patch for the hack, but usually it does not happen instantly, first the hack creators have to be notified and they are not behind pc 24/7, so meaning that it will give legit players bit of peace (10 - 48h usually).

So my idea to make the ultimate anti-cheat, is to create a system that releases new .exe file every day! so you must update the game every day in order to play. 

might sound annoying, but steam does it automatically and DayZ.exe is only 10mb in size, that takes 10 seconds to 5 mins depending on internet connection.

To DayZ devs, it might sound annoying too, but this is why you should create automatic system that makes new dayz.exe every day. Well not new, but simply randomizes the pointers/code so that old hacks/scripts will no longer work and it forces hackers to create new stuff every day, they would literally GIVE UP! ..if not, they would have to work every day to create the new working hack, while game devs don't have to do anything once the auto system is done that releases new dayz.exe every day.

Also that auto system has to be RANDOM, otherwise someone might reverse engineer the algorithm and can "predict" what the dayz.exe will look like tomorrow and based on that could create always working hack.

As far as my experience with hacks goes, it would be impossible for hackers to stay up to date with such system.

how come none of the game developers in whole history of game developeing have NEVER done this before? it would eliminate hacks in no time, i highly doubt that any hacker would like to waste their time every day on debugging dayz...well as i said, it's easy to patch non-working hack, but they would have to sit behind pc 24/7 and looking when dayz updates, only then they can release "0-day" hacks that work, and after 24h they KNOW it would stop working because new dayz.exe comes out.

Also it would be necessary to randomize the time, so that dayz.exe does not update same time every day, but at random times and sometimes even 2-4 times a day.

What if you are in game? well simple, you can still play, but as soon as you exit server, you can't enter another without updating.
I'm not 100% sure how servers update, but i assume official servers are on auto-update, which would be perfect, if you play and update comes out, then it will be applied to server when server restarts, which is usually within 5 hours in most servers.

anyway, im sure game developers would think of a good way of applying this "anti-cheat".

I came up with this idea today when the new patch came out, it was HACKER FREE because patch was so new and hackers didn't had a chance to update their hacks yet, so no one in dayz had hacks, it was so nice to play in hacker-free environment and i thought that it would stay that way if dayz.exe would update every day.

This actually sounds not bad, although I have no experience with this. I'm sure there is a hitch in some way, otherwise it'd be too easy.

Sounds good on paper (or in text) but there's no saying whether or not this will work. I support this idea  :thumbsup:

And you understand that this is not just impossible but wouldn't work anyway correct?

Im just thinking, if its "that simple" to prevent people from cheating/hacking, somebody would have done it already, somewhere else :)
I doubt its just a matter of moving code around really.

But hey, im no programmer, so who am i to "piss on your parade" :)

how come none of the game developers in whole history of game developeing have NEVER done this before?

It probably sounds like a good idea but there's probably a list of drawbacks, excluding the constant downloading of updates.

Assuming it's even possible, which I doubt.

Edited by Chris529

I'll bet 10 g that hackers will find new injection points, thus making old randomizer worthless.

And the idea sounds silly.

mordax, on 24 Jan 2014 - 3:37 PM, said:snapback.png

how come none of the game developers in whole history of game developeing have NEVER done this before?

You answered your own question.

Probably because it wouldn't work