The Beast of Chernarus

DayZ will be ruined by immature gamers

Take a hint, the maker of this game/simulation is the same company that makes ARMA and TAKE ON... heavy simulators that are playable. So expect a drive from the creators to get the game to simulate an apocalyptic environment that as realistic yet playable as possible.  So stop bitching about:

- "The blood and health system being too complicated"

- "KOS or Bandits" (well I was in a real disaster last year and guess what, you have your looters who are out to get food, looters who take advantage of the situation, and then just plain bandits who shoot people for their good or rape them)

- "Please no vehicles or helicopters" guess what they exist in real life and will be used if disasters happen. Even if you crash them

- "weapons malfunctioning or doesnt shoot straight" well in real life not all guns have laser like accuracy

And all the other bitching that wants to take away more realism from this game.  Next time before you complain think "Will it happen in real life?" If so, then it fits in DayZ.

If you want quick health and jumping on a chopper and flying it like a pro... this game isnt for you.

The complaints should be more on bugs, better game play, and accuracy to real life.

• Like 2

Most of the stuff you are worried about has been addressed and you don't need to worry about the whining children.

"weapons malfunctioning or doesnt shoot straight" well in real life not all guns have laser like accuracy

Hm, what's likely to be more "realistic" in this regard? The long-running milsim series ARMA 1, ARMA 2, and ARMA 3, or the brand-new zombie apocalypse game DayZ? I know the answer to that one, so yes, I shall keep right on bitching about the weapon characteristics.

• Like 5

Take a hint, the maker of this game/simulation is the same company that makes ARMA and TAKE ON... heavy simulators that are playable. So expect a drive from the creators to get the game to simulate an apocalyptic environment that as realistic yet playable as possible.  So stop bitching about:

- "KOS or Bandits" (well I was in a real disaster last year and guess what, you have your looters who are out to get food, looters who take advantage of the situation, and then just plain bandits who shoot people for their good or rape them)

- "Please no vehicles or helicopters" guess what they exist in real life and will be used if disasters happen. Even if you crash them

- "weapons malfunctioning or doesnt shoot straight" well in real life not all guns have laser like accuracy

These are all things people have bitched about in the mod.  Was the mod ruined? 

The guns malfunctioning takes me back to the STALKER games, especially the Misery mod. Them guns jamming in the heat of battle at the worst possible times.

• Like 1

Hm, what's likely to be more "realistic" in this regard? The long-running milsim series ARMA 1, ARMA 2, and ARMA 3, or the brand-new zombie apocalypse game DayZ? I know the answer to that one, so yes, I shall keep right on bitching about the weapon characteristics.

I didnt say you cant bitch, like I said anything to make it more realistic and fix issues are fine.  I am talking about those guys who keep on complaing that their nagants cant hit a target or an M4, without really understanding the game mechanics and realize how crappy the conditions their gears have been through.

These are all things people have bitched about in the mod.  Was the mod ruined? 

I do not have experience playing the mod, so I dont know. However, as the game is in Alpha, the designers will be looking at how to cater to most of the crowd. Problem is, most people who enjoy the game an realism never really complain about it, so wont be heard.

• Like 1

And all the other bitching that wants to take away more realism from this game.  Next time before you complain think "Will it happen in real life?" If so, then it fits in DayZ.

If you want quick health and jumping on a chopper and flying it like a pro... this game isnt for you.

The complaints should be more on bugs, better game play, and accuracy to real life.

Nuh-uh!!

If you pay closer attention to the threads on this forum the whiners and complainers are few but loud. Most responses in said threads are basically telling the OP how stupid he is. Most of the people I meet in game are pretty nice, even the ones that hold me up and force feed me disinfectant...wait....

The guns malfunctioning takes me back to the STALKER games, especially the Misery mod. Them guns jamming in the heat of battle at the worst possible times.

Buy more cleaning kits :) And save those faction patches :P My guns never jam unless I've been out for a long trek and encountered a shitload of mutants.

I 100% agree. Realism is the way to go. See the thread already made about it though. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167199-lets-make-this-game-realistic/

The game should cost around $1000 USD and you get 1 life. That's it. YOU CANNOT RESPAWN IN REAL LIFE!! It doesn't belong in dayz. With hopes, they will implement a treadmill system which is required to play dayz for simulated running. We aren't all marathon runners that can run forever, It should be based on our realistic ability to run (and get us in shape!) 

There should be random chances of blindness, paraplegics, old, young, diabetes, etc when you first start. Not everyone in life is a 35 year old male in great condition to start off with!

I can go on and on... Can't wait for rocket to realize your quote is dead on ""Will it happen in real life?" If so, then it fits in DayZ."

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup: 

• Like 2

5opKUcj.jpg

It took me a while to notice that stubby penis and when i did I spit my beer....

*Between this, that post by the guy who's girlfriend filmed him playing, and the beers I've had tonight you would think I'm at a Comedy Club because I've been snickering for about 20 min. straight...

Edited by knoCC
  • Like 1

I 100% agree. Realism is the way to go. See the thread already made about it though. http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/167199-lets-make-this-game-realistic/

The game should cost around $1000 USD and you get 1 life. That's it. YOU CANNOT RESPAWN IN REAL LIFE!! It doesn't belong in dayz. With hopes, they will implement a treadmill system which is required to play dayz for simulated running. We aren't all marathon runners that can run forever, It should be based on our realistic ability to run (and get us in shape!) 

There should be random chances of blindness, paraplegics, old, young, diabetes, etc when you first start. Not everyone in life is a 35 year old male in great condition to start off with!

I can go on and on... Can't wait for rocket to realize your quote is dead on ""Will it happen in real life?" If so, then it fits in DayZ."

You clearly have no idea what a simulator is, don't you?  Tell me when Pilot's train on simulators, can they only fly it once? You idiot.

You clearly have no idea what a simulator is, don't you?  Tell me when Pilot's train on simulators, can they only fly it once? You idiot.

Simulator?! Ohhhh you said if it's realistic it belongs in dayz. Well..  Rocket wants a zombie survival SIMULATOR , there should still  be only 1 life. You can't just run back to your body, or start up again after you die! Jeeze some people just don't get it..

• Like 1

Don't be stupid. 1 life yeah right. Maybe if you're a millionaire! But making the game cose $1000 for one life would end up with more immature players. There are plenty plenty of idiots with more money than sense.

I know you're probably not being serious but if you were......just no.

Realism Yes. Stupidity no. And what do you think would happen if you had one life only. You think it would sell? Don't be a troll.

Edited by Irenicus

I do not have experience playing the mod, so I dont know. However, as the game is in Alpha, the designers will be looking at how to cater to most of the crowd. Problem is, most people who enjoy the game an realism never really complain about it, so wont be heard.

Then it doesn't seem like you're familiar with Rocket's design philosophy.  Rocket doesn't want DayZ to be easier and some kids crying about how they're not getting a pile of guns and jetpacks when they spawn isn't going to change that.  In fact, if you've been following the patches/updates it's been getting harder and the majority of the playerbase not only expects it to be hard but wants it to be hard.

Edited by NeedsFoodBadly
  • Like 5

Simulator?! Ohhhh you said if it's realistic it belongs in dayz. Well..  Rocket wants a zombie survival SIMULATOR , there should still  be only 1 life. You can't just run back to your body, or start up again after you die! Jeeze some people just don't get it..

Yes, and clearly you are one of them. If you want one life then I'm sure you've died already so you shouldn't be playing this game anymore. Why are you still here?

Edited by Irenicus
  • Like 1

Don't be stupid. 1 life yeah right. Maybe if you're a millionaire! But making the game cose $1000 for one life would end up with more immature players. There are plenty plenty of idiots with more money than sense.

I know you're probably not being serious but if you were......just no.

But it could simulate how rich people have advantages over poor people!!! Rich people can afford lots of food/protection right when the breakout happens!!!

• Like 1

Yes, and clearly you are one of them. If you want one life then I'm sure you've died already so you shouldn't be playing this game anymore. Why are you still here?

No i take this game extremely serious. Never died ever because I'm the ultimate survivor. I don't treat this as a "game." it's a simulator and everyone should. Stop being immature about dayz and treating it like a game.

As a military veteran who they allowed to use cool gunz and stuffs, I can confirm... If a gun is left laying around covered in dust and in the elements or dropped a lot.... Get real close to your target before you fire, and if it goes "click", hit them with it. I also blamed lag IRL when I missed my target or only got a wound shot on the first try... My spotter was not amused. 

Then it doesn't seem like you're familiar with Rocket's design philosophy.  Rocket doesn't want DayZ to be easier and some kids crying about how they're not getting a pile of guns and jetpacks when they spawn isn't going to change that.  In fact, if you've been following the patches/updates it's been getting harder and the majority of the playerbase not only expects it to be hard but wants it to be hard.

No, cant say I am all to familiar with their philosophy, if they stand by their idea and not cater to the money, then that would be great.

No i take this game extremely serious. Never died ever because I'm the ultimate survivor. I don't treat this as a "game." it's a simulator and everyone should. Stop being immature about dayz and treating it like a game.

Hahah, you are a a dumbass, you didnt even try to understand what I said and clearly you have no idea what the hell you are talking about. Even your over the top response about simulation between rich and poor is idiotic, because simply put you missed out on what the meaning of a simulation is.

Now go play COD.

Now go play COD.

You're clearly the one that's a cod player not wanting it realistic and an ultra-simulation like Rocket had planned. COD PLAYER GO BACK TO CODDLEFIELD4 GTA ADDTION. Noobs can't handle hardcore simulations.

As a military veteran who they allowed to use cool gunz and stuffs, I can confirm... If a gun is left laying around covered in dust and in the elements or dropped a lot.... Get real close to your target before you fire, and if it goes "click", hit them with it. I also blamed lag IRL when I missed my target or only got a wound shot on the first try... My spotter was not amused. 

Sadly, it happens even in the firing range, where you see guys bitching that their rifle is crap and upon inspection their rifles are drier than the Sahara in summer time.

• Like 1