Sign in to follow this  
iJakeeeeeee

Will this computer run DayZ standalone?

Don't see any specs or any link going to the pc you're looking at purchasing.

seems like every day 30 of these posts fill the forums.

We probably need a dedicated sub forum for this.

seems like every day 30 of these posts fill the forums.

We probably need a dedicated sub forum for this.

And sorry if this annoys you. just need some help from people who know more about computers than i do.

If you take Amd cpu i would go to 8350 even the game is not fully supported Octa Cores. Also you should consider to take SSD.

If you are already decided to take 6300 it still has piledriver cores and its easy to overclock what you should consider.

Also Have you consider to take just released FM2+ steamroller cpu? They are cheap even the flagship models since AM3+ is at the end of its line.

Im still using FX-8150 it runs the game rather well if you put few lines to startup that the game tries to use all 8 cores.

GPU is enough for the game.

Yeah, I'm not going to scroll through a ton of options to see what you put in your computer.

MINIMUM:
i7 2500k or AMD FX-8350
8GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 660 or better

With these you can run the game just fine. If you want ideal specs, look in my sig..  but be prepared to spend $1500+

If you take Amd cpu i would go to 8350 even the game is not fully supported Octa Cores. Also you should consider to take SSD.

If you are already decided to take 6300 it still has piledriver cores and its easy to overclock what you should consider.

Also Have you consider to take just released FM2+ steamroller cpu? They are cheap even the flagship models since AM3+ is at the end of its line.

Im still using FX-8150 it runs the game rather well if you put few lines to startup that the game tries to use all 8 cores.

GPU is enough for the game.

how much gb SSD should i get

120gb would be fine, put your OS and a couple of games if you want.

Check out the 'can I run it' thread in new player discussion. Also, yes, it will run it if the specs shown below are the correct ones. 

However, I would highly recommend custom building. This isn't the greatest value for the money, and building a PC isn't that hard, especially with places like reddit's buildmeapc sub section and forums like Tom's hardware. I could also give you some basic advice on how to get started. PM me if you have any interest in that.

An SSD is not necessary, however they are nice to have. Mostly, they just decrease load times.

Edited by colekern

Yeah, I'm not going to scroll through a ton of options to see what you put in your computer.

MINIMUM:

i7 2500k or AMD FX-8350

8GB RAM

Nvidia Geforce 660 or better

With these you can run the game just fine. If you want ideal specs, look in my sig..  but be prepared to spend $1500+

Just no, those aren't even close to the recommended specs. You can run with a $500-$600 custom built computer on medium-high, you don't need a stupidly expensive rig to do so.

120gb would be fine, put your OS and a couple of games if you want.

so get the 120 gb SSD in addition to the primary hard drive i already have

Take SSD for Primary for OS & Games

Second one for all other things what does not need performance to run.

SSD's aren't necessary. It really just decreases load times. I would recommend holding off on it for your first build, but I'd recommend one down the line.

SSD's aren't necessary. It really just decreases load times. I would recommend holding off on it for your first build, but I'd recommend one down the line.

i pm'd you

• Like 1

And sorry if this annoys you. just need some help from people who know more about computers than i do.

It doesn't annoy me at all I just figured it would be helpful for people like you to see a wide variety of pc builds so you can compare and see what fits you best.