Sign in to follow this  
F1ackM0nk3y

Are you happy with the current loot drop

Are you happy with the current loot drop amount   

50 members have voted

1. 1. Yes, I'm happy with the current loot drop amounts

Simple question, are you happy with the current loot drop rate?

I myself think it's OK. People complained about not having anything to do, well guess what, now you got something to do...Survive 

only play 2 hours but I like so far more rare things add value and make looting more interesting part of game

before was like - ok school - check  :thumbsup: supermarket - check :thumbsup: any military building - check  :thumbsup: cool fully gear in 10 minute B)

now is mission for find gun :o

• Like 3

I am quite sure that sometime in the future this current loot situation will be considered to have been something akin to heaven, because by then loot will have been made extremely more scarce than it is now. Makes sense to me. Current situation, even with the diminishment in the latest patch, is still a gorge-until-you-barf simulator.

• Like 1

There should be more common loot around coastal areas to help the new people and less common and some rare loot as you go inland. I would like to see it more randomized for the buildings. Find that one person's home that has a real nice gun collection or ammo stash, but make them those places very rare.

Edited by Zardoz75
  • Like 1

I haven't played that much, but I have starved on the coast in one life and had stuffed backpacks and bellys on the next.  It certainly seems dependant upon how many people visit the server and how often it resets to refresh loot.  I still haven't found a mosin.

I do wish there were more low tier melee weapons spawning on the coast.  It's no fun having to deal with a zombie entourage that can follow you into buildings.

No I don't like that a server restart resets the loot. (some servers restart every hour)

But I guess that its just temporary.

I hope that it gets removed from the greedy hands of server admins and loot is governed by the Hive not the server.

• Like 1

I do wish there were more low tier melee weapons spawning on the coast.  It's no fun having to deal with a zombie entourage that can follow you into buildings.

That's your problem right there. As it is now you can sprint and lose any zombie. Stop to loot and you may have problems. So why not sprint to a location away from the coast, that hasn't been looted already, find a nice suitable melee weapon, take care of your zombie problems and generally have a nice time? Your alternative sounds not only illogical but downright suicidal.

Totally happy.Bring on the survival instead of the christmas binge eating where everyone is healthy within thirty minutes running around the coast with overflowing backpacks.

• Like 1

That link leads to a mods merged thread notification. What is your point?

The OP in that link is my answer to this question.

Quite clearly i am not happy with it. I like most could not wait for loot spawn to be reduced, but what we have is not what i was hoping for.

For me its like the goldilocks story with the porridge.

Not Too much like it was before.

Not too little like it is now.

But somewhere in between where its just right.

To me this current loot system will make server hoppers breed like rabbits and that can NOT be good for the game.

The OP in that link is my answer to this question.

I see. Why didn't you link to the OP then? It is quite simple, and your point will come across with no mind reading required.

I see. Why didn't you link to the OP then? It is quite simple, and your point will come across with no mind reading required.

Because this post is quite relevant to my post and are the only 2 hot topics on this issue at the moment.

Difference being yours is a simple yes or no answer, mine is leaning more towards it being broken with the last patch.

I am opening up discussion. Has it offended you.?

Edited by africanhungergames

Because this post is quite relevant to my post and are the only 2 hot topics on this issue at the moment.

Difference being yours is a simple yes or no answer, mine is leaning more towards it being broken with the last patch.

I am opening up discussion. Has it offended you.?

Huh? I asked you why you linked to a random mod post, while youi expected everybody to automatically understand that that link was really a link to the OP in that thread. I haven't read the OP in that thread so I can't really answer the question if it has offended me (I'm guessing probably not).

I voted no, because right Now there is still too much loot. It's not hard at all to find weapons atm if you go to the right places. And there is so much food it's ridiculous.

I'm all for less loot, and would love some sort of rational in the loot system, especially for civvies firearms. 

Finding a Mosin on a shelf next to 2 rotten bananas and a fresh kiwi is a tad odd. A little 7.62mm amno in vicinity would make more sense, still difficult to find but at least we would know that logically some type of amno is around, somewhere.

For example, find a Mosin on car's backseat, great. Now search around in the car and on the ground for some little amno. The fellow who left the Mosin in the car in a hurry may have also "forgotten" amno. Or once in a while upon picking up a pair of hunter pants you could get rewarded with a few rounds found in a pocket.

I simply find the "connection" between loot not so realistic. Not a game-breaker tho.

Still enjoying every minute of it :P

Red