Sign in to follow this  
Legalese03

Crafting Weapons

Crafting of limited use improvised weapons and modifications would be useful such as duck taping a knife to the barrel of a rifle to create a limited use weapon, or taping a torch to another item (such as a rifle) for better night visibility. 

limited use may be gauged perhaps by the number of times used in the instance of a crafted bayonet (as it would not be expected to be the same strength as a specifically designed attachment). in the instances of a torch the limited use may be upon firing of the weapon as the heat generated from the rifle barrel may be expected to affect the adhesive capability of the tape.  

please feel free to comment on such ideas and share your own.

in the spirit of survival.

• Like 2

Not sure about "limited use", but Duct Tape can create wonders in real life, so why not see it inGame?
 like 2xCMags+DuctTape

Lets keep some of the suggestions to a realistic level. Some of my "limited use" improvised weapons.

Nail Bat - A baseball bat with nails on one end

Spear - Combine Sticks with a Kitchen Knife or a ScrewDriver to make an improvised spear

Aerosol Flamethrower - Combine a Spraycan with a Lighter/Flare to make an improvised Flamethrower

Gas Bomb - Combine a flare with a Gas Canister using a small explosive such as a firecracker as the ignition

Tin Grenade - A empty tin can filled with gun powder, made by using several shotgun shells and using string as a wick

• Like 2

Lets keep some of the suggestions to a realistic level. Some of my "limited use" improvised weapons.

Nail Bat - A baseball bat with nails on one end

Spear - Combine Sticks with a Kitchen Knife or a ScrewDriver to make an improvised spear

Aerosol Flamethrower - Combine a Spraycan with a Lighter/Flare to make an improvised Flamethrower

Gas Bomb - Combine a flare with a Gas Canister using a small explosive such as a firecracker as the ignition

Tin Grenade - A empty tin can filled with gun powder, made by using several shotgun shells and using string as a wick

Now those I like. I'm pretty sure they'll be adding improvised gas grenades and fire grenades, because I saw 3d objects of said items.

thanks for your contribution. just to clarify i referred to limited use re taping a knife to a rifle as a bayonet as it would be expected that after using it a few times that bond would deteriorate. 

i really like your suggestion Draco122 thank you

thanks for your contribution. just to clarify i referred to limited use re taping a knife to a rifle as a bayonet as it would be expected that after using it a few times that bond would deteriorate. 

i really like your suggestion Draco122 thank you

I like the idea of having to maintain them with duct tape.

Maybe these weapons can never be "pristine" but start "worn" and work there way down to "ruined".

Once "ruined" they can't be repaired so you have to make sure you add duct tape once it becomes "badly damaged" to keep them in working condition.

Ever since shotguns have arrived, every time I saw one of the barrels off I think to myself

"man what a perfectly good piece metal"

The left over barrel could be used as a pipe bomb if mixed with gas and some sort of shrapnel, like screws and nuts, or metal bits of some kind.

It would be a deadly bomb but extremely rare since they would only be available make one if someone else makes a sawed off and you happen to find it.

It might be to rare? I guess it would be a double pipe bomb?

I watched something from E3 2013 iirc where Dean described how in reality most attachments would not fit on most guns, so for the sake of gameplay they were made far more compatible.

Here is my idea. There are specific attachments for specific weapons, but you could use hacksaws and duct tape and other items to modify these attachments to work on other guns. This would damage them (Pristine to Worn, Worn to Damaged, etc), so you could get an Acog quite frequently, and modify it to work on your gun, but getting a Pristine Acog that was originally compatible with your gun would be far harder and so worth more.

[Also  to clarify, I'm talking about different assault rifles, as opposed to putting PU scopes on an M4].