Viles (DayZ)

Steam Bans, Day Z Bannable?

Okay so i come accross this player on my server we talked and ended up adding each other on steam, i notice his account is banned which means he cant play any steam multiplayer games? because he clearly has cheated or hacked before can that warrent a ban on the day z side?

Just want some info to clear this up.

Thanks in advance

Viles

Just curious as to if we would carry on banning someone who has been caught before? for the sake of all gaming communitys not just vac.

You will have a hard time justifying banning someone on dayz just because they have a vac ban on another game like blops mw2 etc, what if multiple users use that one steam account? Also a vac ban on say mw2 wouldnt mean he couldnt play any steam games he could get banned on mw2 then play black ops quite happily play cheat free.

Just curious as to if we would carry on banning someone who has been caught before? for the sake of all gaming communitys not just vac.

I would say no, for all you know they could have stopped using hacks

If they got banned through VAC, it wouldn't give us the right to ban them from DayZ. Thats like assuming just because someone stole your cupcake, means they will do it again after being caught. (Granted they might but that is just being cruel and putting them down because of what they did. Maybe they learned?)

someone steals mah cupcake,they gets da hose again.

Thanks Millanderson im addressing that right now - although i never actually banned him >.< was just asking if i could.

Im VAC Banned for something stupid i did with a group of people i played with on CSS, i was young and naive at the time, thinking i was never going to get caught. Obviously i was caught.

Since then ive not touched another hack, cheat, script, glitch, exploit, etc.

Ive been playing games legitamently since that incident, I never made another account.

Your basicaly assuming that just because hes hacked in the past on a Source game, that he hacks on ArmAII as well? And you want him banned from DayZ based on an assumption?

Dont get me wrong, some people dont learn, but I dont think that would be fair at all to the people who actually did learn from their mistake.

what if multiple users use that one steam account?

That is, and has always been a shitty excuse. I used to be an admin on a Garry's Mod server, and I can't tell you how many times some idiot pulled the: "IT WAS MY BROTHA!!!!11!". If you are 1 or more people using a Steam account, it is your responsibility to make sure that you act accordingly to rules.

@ Shrap.

Obviously the fairness reason is why dayz dont want people banhammering people but if i was allowed i wouldnt play with anyone who cheated/hacked/exploited for the simple fact that the chances of them doing it again is alot higher. the people on my server would rather not have people playing that are vac banned. simple as that. i asked a question was waiting for a answer. but that player turned out to be a fkhead anyway and already said to us he wouldnt return to our server.

Just curious. you've had the same account since you where a kid? so you didnt buy any multiplayer via vac (steam) at all?

Just curious. you've had the same account since you where a kid? so you didnt buy any multiplayer via vac (steam) at all?

Ive bought multiple games since i was VAC Banned, such as Garry's Mod. Since Garry's Mod dosnt use VAC, i am still allowed to play Multiplayer. In-fact, i own and run a community and Gmod server.

Seeing as VAC is only limited to Source games, and MW2/3, making another account would be pointless because i don't play CSS or other Source games anymore.

Also, You cant really stop people who have been VACd from joining your server, some people play DayZ through Steam, but many others use a Launcher, like SixUpdater, ArmAII Launcher, or other programs of that type, essentially disconnecting there Steam Account from ArmAII, because it dosnt show up that your playing ArmAII. The only way you can know if someone is VACd, is if they tell you, or they tell you there Steam Name.

Total Douche bag. I played in cal-m you asshole and you probably ruined our record with said hacks. I don't care if you stopped, you are a douche bag for ever.

Im VAC Banned for something stupid i did with a group of people i played with on CSS' date=' i was young and naive at the time, thinking i was never going to get caught. Obviously i was caught.

Since then ive not touched another hack, cheat, script, glitch, exploit, etc.

Ive been playing games legitamently since that incident, I never made another account.

Your basicaly assuming that just because hes hacked in the past on a Source game, that he hacks on ArmAII as well? And you want him banned from DayZ based on an assumption?

Dont get me wrong, some people dont learn, but I dont think that would be fair at all to the people who actually did learn from their mistake.

[/quote']

If they got banned through VAC' date=' it wouldn't give us the right to ban them from DayZ. Thats like assuming just because someone stole your cupcake, means they will do it again after being caught. (Granted they might but that is just being cruel and putting them down because of what they did. Maybe they learned?)

[/quote']

you dayz ppl are so full of shit dobble talking out youre ass

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=16412

that guy got baned for being acused of hacks no proof with BS excuses