Sign in to follow this  
Spookzie

I've got a problem

So, prior to this patch I played quite alot, found some gear, a mosin etcetc. My ingame name was Spookzie as on all of my other games, then after this patch, I log in after I update, my name has changed to my IRL name. I don't want my IRL name to show ingame, however I think I've tried everything to set it back to Spookzie, it just wont work.

Is there any way I can change my name? Cus I can't figure it out and it's pissing me off. After the update I also lost all my gear. So, it changed my name and practically reset my character. How can I undo it? And if not, how can I atleast change my name back to Spookzie?

Try this at your own discretion, it could break shit.

Go to C:\users\<username>\documents

rename the cfg files in the DayZ folders that show your real name to your screen name... report back if it works.  Im not able to test as I am not at my home machine

Edit: have DayZ and steam closed ffs too before changing file name

Edited by StreetsForRent

Am not sure what the issue is here. It normally takes your steam name (which you can set to whatever you want) and now you customise it to be something different on the DayZ landing page when you launch the game (bottom right) and that name will display ingame.

Also, it has been reported via bug tracker that your character will reset whenever you switch to a new server (for the most part) so the best thing you can do is find a suitable server and save it in your favourites. Re-visiting that same server should maintain your existing character.

Try this at your own discretion, it could break shit.

Go to C:\users\<username>\documents

rename the cfg files in the DayZ folders that show your real name to your screen name... report back if it works.  Im not able to test as I am not at my home machine

Edit: have DayZ and steam closed ffs too before changing file name

If I change the cfg files to the name I wish to have and enter the game, it still displays my IRL name. I go back to the folders and I see it created a new set of cfg files with irl name on them.

Edited by Spookzie

And if not, how can I atleast change my name back to Spookzie?

Well, apparently you didn't try the most logical thing of clicking on the name and typing something in.  No really, it is that simple. Maybe a bit too simple.

• Like 3

Well, apparently you didn't try the most logical thing of clicking on the name and typing something in.  No really, it is that simple. Maybe a bit too simple.

I am clearly not qualified enough to try the simplest of things. You have ma beans, thank you very much sir.

• Like 1

I am clearly not qualified enough to try the simplest of things. You have ma beans, thank you very much sir.

Well to be fair I currently support an online system where you need to click on the person's name to get into another part of it. There is NO indicator that clicking on their name does something and no one tries that. This is somewhat similar. I don't think a mouse-over gives you any visual cue that you can do it so it would be easy to miss. 

In the screen where's the plat, change server and all that, double click on the name (bottom-right corner) press delete and type whatever name you want. It worked for me.