Sign in to follow this  
TheLaurent

Cant save character

So i logged on to a server today, first time since the patch, it reset my character to an old version, i thought this was strange but after searching the forums, found it happened to alot of people. Heres the issue, i played for about an hour, got some decent gear, logged off to eat lunch, came back, and i was back on the coast. I tried several tests, everytime i leave a server or join one, i respawn. Anyone know how to fix this?

same thing happened to me. i was stacked on a custom attachment m4 and a lot of ammo and a bunch of military gear (i didnt hack) and ever since the update it keeps respawning me and idk why! idk if this has happened to more people than o think but i am getting so mad!!!!

from what i understand, if you spawn on the coast - don't move, alt+f4 or kill task and try again with a different server.

From what i read from rocket, the issue is not with the game but with servers not having the right configuration but i don't know the status of fixing it.

from what i understand, if you spawn on the coast - don't move, alt+f4 or kill task and try again with a different server.

From what i read from rocket, the issue is not with the game but with servers not having the right configuration but i don't know the status of fixing it.

I can confirm this- tho alt+f4 is not necessery. Just hit exit and try another server.

some servers are having issues connecting to the central hive which is why you are respawning with a new character.  You'll just have to hop around to different servers until you find one that isn't having the issue and it will load your previous character just fine.  Hopefully all the hosted servers will get fixed soon

I can confirm this- tho alt+f4 is not necessery. Just hit exit and try another server.

that's just what i do to try to ensure it doesn't save my position

Just server hopped for a couple of minutes to try and find a server that works. But no luck, anyone know of a server that works?

In my location we have 9 servers < 100 ping. 8 of them I get a new spawn every time I join. 1 of them has a character I had a week or two ago and is saving my progress.