beani5003

Mythical 'Healthy' Status

Actually all of that eating/drinking doesn't help if your wounds are not clean. I was also wondering why I couldn't heal. Used alcohol on my wounds which cleans them over time, got a message that said "your wounds are now clean" and after that I ate a bit and got the healing status.

Actually all of that eating/drinking doesn't help if your wounds are not clean. I was also wondering why I couldn't heal. Used alcohol on my wounds which cleans them over time, got a message that said "your wounds are now clean" and after that I ate a bit and got the healing status.

Incorrect.  Infections are not yet in the game.  You can use alcohol on yourself and yes it does give you a message, but it does nothing for your character.  It's just a placeholder right now.  Same goes for antibiotics, vitamins, NaHCO3, painkillers, disinfectant spray, and water purification tablets.

Chances are in that scenario, you were still regening blood or were just shy of getting regeneration.  Note that healing or healthy will not appear until your blood is full, so you may be regening, but you won't know it unless you pay attention to your colors.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon
  • Like 1

Note that healing or healthy will not appear until your blood is full, so you may be regening, but you won't know it unless you pay attention to your colors.

I always thought that when you reach the status' and you have less than full blood, you get the "healing" message. And when you regen up to full blood, it turns into the "healthy" message? At least that's from my own experiences.

Edited by Badass Preacher

I always thought that when you reach the status' and you have less than full blood, you get the "healing" message. And when you regen up to full blood, it turns into the "healthy" message? At least that's from my own experiences.

Replace blood with health and you've got it.  When your health is low, your blood is full, and you are regening, you get healing.  When your health and blood are full and are full enough to regen, you get healthy.  It seems though these statuses don't "turn off" once you burn up that energy or water, but once you're there you just have to keep eating and drinking consistently and you'll maintain it.

Why do some people need to be told how to do everything?

Why can't they just trial and error, see what work and doesn't work, use their own imagination and intuition and think for themselves?

Isn't that what this game is all about? Mummy and daddy won't be holding your hand in the zombie apocalypse, and be there to tell you how to do everything kid.

Unlikely. Alcohol tincture isn't active in the game yet, in fact infections aren't active. Atm it is all about the eating. And yeah as stated already you need to eat a lot. But the "Healing" and "Healthy" boxes will appear when you do.

well if the cleaning of the wound was just window dressing (pardon the pun) i'd say the key factor was taking the hit from the zombie, as I say I hadn't been healthy for a few days even though I was eating and drinking and "completely full" on several occasions..

I might be wrong, but water and food work over time, not like a immediate refill. Is it or is it not ?

I think they work instantly, but the stomach then takes time to process the contents, so you still can't eat immediately after you fill up. This is based on me starving, and going all the way back to not hungry instantly by eating two cans of food. 

Why can't they just trial and error, see what work and doesn't work, use their own imagination and intuition and think for themselves?

Isn't that what this game is all about? Mummy and daddy won't be holding your hand in the zombie apocalypse, and be there to tell you how to do everything kid.

That a bit harsh.  You could maybe have that argument if it was the fully released game, but in the alpha state things are very confusing and buggy, lots of things don't work or don't work as intended, and you can only truly figure out how some things work by going into the game files and reading the code, and hours and hours of testing, with multiple corpses.

Edited by (TMW)HerrJon
  • Like 1

If your healthy status isn't popping up do something that might change your status. Some people might get a bug that doesn't update status properly from time to time. So try to clean wounds with alcohol (I know it doesn't work atm) or trying bleeding then bandage (I know how medieval). I think it resets the status and might make your healthy status pop up. I am speculating this off of my friend whom ate a bunch of rice water sodas and other goodies. He for sure thought he was healthy but the status was not popping up. He then got hit by a zombie was bleeding bandaged up and the healing status came up and he was healthy. Now this also might be just coincidence of him getting the status from his food fully digesting but hey I don't know man.

I recently had a fresh spawn only drank a couple sodas and my friend force fed me some rice maybe one or 2 handfuls and boom I was healthy in a bit. I find it weird how people don't get healthy as fast as I do noobs :rolleyes:. No I am just kidding  :P. Also seriously watch and re watch merinos guides until you understand they are very accurate and well articulated. Also they will save your life more than a axe or gun ten times over.

You do realise that this video you linked is pre-patch and that they changed the balance of the stomach?

'Cause it doesn''t look like you thought of that.

You do understand that Merinos guide is still really accurate on the process and good tips for keeping healthy. Also if you read the thread a bit more you would see that Merino understand his guide might be a little outdated and is going to be re updateing older videos to the new builds. This however takes time to do and since he is also experimenting for other videos and has other ideas for video he is busy and is working as fast as he can. Newtons theory of gravity might be a bit out dated compared to Eisenstein theories but they are still a good jumping off point and applicable .

• Like 1

I got it by eating all the cans I found, drinking every pop I found and then drinking a canteen of purified water, then some dried milk, then more water. It appeared immediately.

It even lasted through getting tagged once by a zombie. I've been trying to eat and drink constantly.

I don't see what is wrong with reading someones findings after they have done what you mention. It doesn't make sense to me to tell someone "HEY don't learn from others now watch me find out if this propane tank explodes after I shoot it at various ranges starting with point blank. I don't need to read no damn warning label that was decided upon by other peoples findings that's for mommy boys." You went to school right or did you learn arithmetic on your own in the dark since the light will help you see and thats some nanny state BS.

I understand your point but some people just need help and have a hard time learning things on their own.

My char has been healthy for two days now with full gear and guess what I did just now?  I totaly just fell off the top of a building to my death trying to use the ladder...lol.

All so take you vietmens and such, I try to get a gas mask or dusk mask too as it suppose to help keep you healthy.