alleycat

Being a new spawn player on a populated server is pointless right now.

Being a new spawn player on a populated server is pointless right now.

Every area close to the spawns is looted and it will take at least an hour to get basic loot (backpacks, food, axe) and several hours to get a pistol or rifle. And I am not wasting precious gaming time knowing the only things that I will find statistically are of no use in player interaction (shooting).

Obviously the hardcore fundamentalists will argue that this is the way it is supposed to be played, survival etc. However the game is missing important parts that are needed for exciting survival:

-Loot respawning

-More Zombies

-More interaction with other players (which sadly is only firearms right now)

Without these, survival as a new spawn on a populated server right now is just tedious. Not dangerous or exciting or tense. Just tedious. Powerwalk several kilometers and risk losing it all if you get too close to the places that spawn guns.

I know it is alpha but at least loot respawning should get focus because any player who does not have an evening to throw away to find a can of food after traveling a few kilometers will do the smart thing and simply go to an empty server and gear up.

Edited by alleycat

Yes, thats a problem right now, search for servers with like 10-20 people on it to get the basics, then go on a full server... We have to wait for the loot (and zombie) respawn. I think this will take it´s time, but for now, search for fresh-restartet servers or for low frequented servers.

It seems that most people spawn at the exact same location near the beach - very close to Kamyshovo.

I logged into a server last night as a new spawn. Plenty of people (38/40). I ran into about five other new spawns, made a joke to a couple that were punching a zombie on the road (saying "hey, quit hitting my girlfriend"). Chatted with another fellow on the way to Berezino.. Went only for a specific building i like, along with the hospital, and grocery store.. some were looted, a few weren't.. found a myriad of items I needed, sadly no can opener, or decent shirt.

There weren't a lot of zombies out there.. not that they had been killed, only that the number I think is adequate hasn't been implemented yet. I found some first aid supplies and am now ready to head back to the coast and start interacting with folks... Didn't really feel it was tedious at any point.. And I know that things will get better. There is only so much to keep one occupied and I certainly can understand getting bored.. I think all there is to it, is that we need to give the game some time to develop.

I think "an evening to throw away to find a can of food after traveling a few kilometers" is a bit exaggerating. Even in the worst cases, I have never been that hard up for resources. Maybe I'm just lucky, so I can't exactly discredit it. I will agree that the day they implement respawns will be a happy day. 

• Like 2

Umm you are completely wrong.. You just arent looking hard enough. The best way to play this game is on a high populated server.. Yes there might not ba loot right where u spawned but all you have to do is your your brain and goto the nearest town that isnt in a straight line to NWAF or NEAF..

We don't need more zombies its just  the majority of them have spawned under ground and are "stuck".  I am confidant they will fix this issue but i'm sure its not as pressing as other bugs.

Two nights ago - Spawned in electro on a full server, instantly hearing showers of bullets being fired into the town not far from where I was.

I climbed into my stealth suit and casually leaped from house to house sourcing the location (hoping to come across a lootable body to make my life easier). I did find a corpse, granted a relatively young bambi but he had a wrench which is more than what I had so I grabbed it.

I started pushing a little deeper into the town near the fire station as i'd sourced the gunfire to there.

Crept into a house, wrench at the ready and got to the top floor. Watched like a hawk for any alive/dead players and had headphones up loud for footsteps/breathing. Not a soul in the building I was in. Sat for a moment planning what to do next and I heard moaning in the house/room next to mine.

Decide i've got nothing to lose, I run down the stairs and begin creeping up to where I heard the noise originate. See a bandit looting a freshly killed geared player. I take a breath and charge him with my wrench raised.

He notices me instantly as I arrive at the top of the stairs and he is startled and quickly trying to take sight for a shot. I run circles round him seeing blood pour out of him in the process when a shot hits me, get a few more hits in and then "You are unconcious" appears.

I'd been bested, so I respawn. Same spawn.

Not wasting time, fists out and sprinting back...It's on like donkey kong.

Run up to the top of the stairs with my war face on to see his body laying where mine was....I'd dropped him too.

15 minutes - fully geared. gg.

Also first post - beans me.

Edited by .#KimoSabbi
  • Like 4

yeah stay away from high pops if you arent geared out or dont want any trouble. Because trust me, if you go to a high pop and are expecting to casually walk around and loot like the dickens, you got another thing comin.

Could it be maybe a survival game is not for you? Just a thought. I love starting out on high pop servers actually makes the game more enjoyable espically avoiding all those pesky bandit's.

Edited by huf757

OP you are generally right...The fact that loot does not spawn is a fundamental game feature yet to be implemented.  Count yourself lucky there are also f all zombies.

But you can do it... I did and many others have.  New life last night after patch on hardcore hive, 40/40 players, nighttime... just managed to survive the 1st hour.. now i'm prospering inland.  Happy days.

This is what all the alpha warnings are actually about.

58vg.jpg

The current situation is that there is an expanding crater of pure void and no loot radiating from berezino. Like the zone in the stalker games, except instead of excitement  you get 100% powerwalking

I think the problem stems from the sheer concentration of the spawn points, I have literally spawn 10 times in the town east of Elektro (Kamishovo?) I hope that distributing the spawn points along the coast has a high priority as we cant test nothing if we are spawning into the same place all the time.

As of now, after a server start, the areas around spawns rapidly deterioriate in terms of loot and excitement, while the player herds move towards places that spawn guns. And unless that changes, ie there is loot respawn, every single respawn will mean repititive power walking for at least 3 km to get anywhere near high probability weapon loot

As of now, after a server start, the areas around spawns rapidly deterioriate in terms of loot and excitement, while the player herds move towards places that spawn guns. And unless that changes, ie there is loot respawn, every single respawn will mean repititive power walking for at least 3 km to get anywhere near high probability weapon loot

Or, go to electro, be stealthy untill someone kills someone else, be stealthy while stealing their loot, leave stealthy....

• Like 1

Or, go to electro, be stealthy untill someone kills someone else, be stealthy while stealing their loot, leave stealthy....

3-7km walk

So what? What kind of game gives you all gear as soon as you start to play?

as explained, the game consists of shooting other players right now. And huge travel time is only filler