commanderbash

ADD LTL ROUNDS!

ltl rounds  

58 members have voted

1. 1. would you like less then lethal rounds added to the game?

• yes, more variety makes for a more dynamic gaming experiance
    • nope, death is your only option.

None lethal bullets will also be useful for people who want a blood cow without damaging them.

• Like 1

Im all for LTL rounds, but they really should be lethal at short range. My only experience is with M203/M320 M1029 rounds, which shoots 48, .48 inch rubber balls and it is lethal within 10 meters. This is also a low velocity round, just something to think about. I also think that these types of rounds should only be for Military/Police weapons and only found in Military/Police areas, as they aren't the type of ammunition civilians commonly use.

Is this making anyone else think of riot gear? Maybe some kevlar? I've seen police cars in-game, maybe the police stations start spawning riot armor, stuff that makes lethal rounds ltl. Super super rare of course, and realistic. If you take a bullet you're more likely to break something or be knocked unconscious than bleed out.

I'm surprised people are opposed to this great idea!

It could accommodate any play style, People who use LTL rounds just to incapacitate, loot, ad kill their target. It could also be used as a cruel weapon just to break someone's legs and leave them there. It can be used for good, evil, or funny encounters.

I'm all for this!

Just call this guy....Oh the fun we had on the nimitz with these things :D

LTL rounds could have similar effect but just without the complete incap. Maybe crawl only and blurry vision for X amount of seconds :)

Edited by Karmaterror

shoot them in the legs then heal there legs 

I'm mean you would have to carry alcohol splints and morphine

but its nonlethal shot 

but its nonlethal shot 

LTL rounds would be better and more realistic. Shooting someone in the leg can kill them before you even have a chance to run up to them. I know its not like that in game, but it is in real life.

LTL rounds would be better and more realistic. Shooting someone in the leg can kill them before you even have a chance to run up to them. I know its not like that in game, but it is in real life.

this is true

but its nonlethal shot

this immobilizes but doesn't incapacitate,, you still have to reason with them in com that its in their best interest not to shoot you when you approach, and they may still do so anyways. if they're knocked out they can't resist. which surpasses language barriers. and only requires you to have a magazine worth of ltl, also agree that they should be more rare then regular ammo

Im all for LTL rounds, but they really should be lethal at short range.  My only experience is with M203/M320 M1029 rounds, which shoots 48, .48 inch rubber balls and it is lethal within 10 meters. 

i'm not sure if damage scales over range in  this game. in example if a pistol bullet does more damage 10' away then 100'. and the m203 rounds are HUGE compared to a 12 ga round. but that being said they could add that the round does some lethal damage that decreases to nothing as the distance increases to 10m. this would be more realistic, but also more of a pain to code for the little difference it would make

Edited by commanderbash

i'm not sure if damage scales over range in  this game. in example if a pistol bullet does more damage 10' away then 100'. and the m203 rounds are HUGE compared to a 12 ga round. but that being said they could add that the round does some lethal damage that decreases to nothing as the distance increases to 10m. this would be more realistic, but also more of a pain to code for the little difference it would make

The 40mm rounds made for the M203/M320 are low velocity and an HE round will only go a max of 400m and that is only achieved by firing at an extreme angle. The size of a round doesn't always mean it will do more damage.  

Edited by ChekovP

earlier in the thread I stated that once enough ltl damage is done it you should fall unconscious, for at least 30 seconds for example. this gives the LTL attacker enough time to come up to you and cuff you/disarm you. a pseudo health bar specific to LTL damage would work well. the best implementation I've seen is one where the characters LTL HP equals their current HP - LTL damage. so for example if you got shot with an actual gun, that brought your health down to half, and after you were to be attacked after by an LTL weapon it'd only take half as much LTL damage to incapacitate you., because you'd have half your maximum HP

I think the way that the Shock Meter (tracked independently from Health and Blood it seems) works could be used as is.  Where as most damage does a larger amount of health damage than shock damage (presumably, the notable exception being zombie attacks), LTL would be the opposite.  Some health damage maybe, but a large amount of Shock Damage.  The lower a targets Blood level, the faster you can knock them out by doing Shock damage (theoretically how it works now). 

If what I explained (as it has been explained to me) is how it works, the implementation of the system would not take long at all.  In the case of tasers, the Shock damage should be enough to overcome full Blood level in one shot I would say rendering immediate unconsciousness which itself would simulate an incapacitated state since tasers do not knock people out so far as I know.  Again, the higher their Blood level the faster they would regain consciousness - which for someone at full Blood would be almost immediately likely - several seconds, or around there.  Low Blood levels might take several minutes - not perfect, but it works off of the existing system.

Good, yes?

Edit - IMO this is also how most Blunt Melee weapons should work as well.

Edited by - Karma -
  • Like 1