Sign in to follow this  
BanditHero

URGENT: Many servers misconfigured, disconnected from the hive!

To the devs: There are tons of complaints on the forums, steam, and reddit about characters not saving properly

I've found that it is an issue with the servers because in some servers your character persists, but in others you will ALWAYS spawn as a new character

Anyway I dont know how hives work but am guessing it means some servers are not connected to any hive!

For exampleI tried a server called T A C T O W N or something, and it spawned me as a new character and everything I did there did not save. But when I tried some different servers, my char persisted properly. The TACTOWN server is just one out of many that is not saving or loading your char. This is Gamebreaking and the devs need to take all servers offline and see whats going on!

SOME might be "private" or "sub-hives" ... which run on a separate hive from the public one.

Make sure you are joining official public hive servers and you will have your previous character back.

I think the problem is that since they added sub-hives, all the servers connected to the main hive and servers on sub-hives are mixed up. So if all the servers were to be categorised to hives, it'll be fine.

Or just always stick to the same server. Don't hop, you noob.

Edited by Greaves

This is Gamebreaking and the devs need to take all servers offline and see whats going on!          

It is a Alpha..its not even a game as of yet...

I guess they are Aware of the ikssues. It just hasent been explained in lenght as of yet.

SOME might be "private" or "sub-hives" ... which run on a separate hive from the public one.

Make sure you are joining official public hive servers and you will have your previous character back.

i AM talking about public official servers. Many of them do not save or load your character. This is a widespread issue which needs to be looked at!

Or just always stick to the same server. Don't hop, you noob.

SAME SERVER will not save or load your character! I logged into the server I mentioned above and ran around,then logged out and back in and I was a fresh spawn again. kept logging out and into the same server, always spawning in a new place. This happened in many servers I tried. Some other servers were fine. And like I said I am not the only one there are tons of complaints on reddit, steam, the forums, etc Edited by BanditHero

i AM talking about public official servers. Many of them do not save or load your character. This is a widespread issue which needs to be looked at!

I have yet to come across this issue.

I have yet to come across this issue.

Can you try logging into aserver callled T A C _ T O W N and checkif you have your character there? its a public, regular,official server

I only trust Vilayer, mpgs, fragnet now.

gameservers.com has 1 or 2 servers that maybe arent really theirs or something, same naming convention but always wipe my character. So annoying.

not to mention this new patch set me back about 3-4 days on my progress...was truly not expecting that...

bottom line you shouldnt play on "random dayz server" and should stick to "CA 24 - vilayer.com DayZ bla bla"

the similarly named servers are safe

Edited by deebz1234

I only trust Vilayer, mpgs, fragnet now.

gameservers.com has 1 or 2 servers that maybe arent really theirs or something, same naming convention but always wipe my character. So annoying.

not to mention this new patch set me back about 3-4 days on my progress...was truly not expecting that...

bottom line you shouldnt play on "random dayz server" and should stick to "CA 24 - vilayer.com DayZ bla bla"

the similarly named servers are safe

in another thread, someone posted a video of this happening in a Vilayer server:

so not sure if this issue is specific to any server provider

i got the same problem, tested several server but no change. i always come back as a fresh spawn.

I was on two official hive servers. In one I have my character from before the patch with all his gear. On the other I have a brand new character which is geared up somewhat. Both are official hardcore public servers 8l

• Like 1

from reddit by rocket and hour ago at time of writing, might be worth waiting for a few hours while the server providers sort there config out according to below

Reddit

The server hosters set the hive for the servers to use. The new update was quite complex, and introduced a number of new settings that server hosting providers needed to configure.

There has been significant confusion with some of them, as the instructions we have sent have not always filtered down to the engineers and techs rolling up the updated servers.

Hence, many of the servers have been configured to use the WRONG hive. I believe this is in progress. If you notice a server doing this, post here the name/ip of the server and we can look into it.

There is no known issue with the core architecture, the only issues we have identified so far are issues with problematic configuration.

Edited by law1977
  • Like 1