Sign in to follow this  
Miss.S

Oestrogen injection, please!

As a female gamer I noticed a few things ingame

As it is now, you can't rly see the dif between the genders. They look alike

Overall the females in DayZ needs a serious oestrogen injection!
(might help attract even more female gamers to the game ^_^ ..or men  :rolleyes:  )

No seriously:

Whenever I get hit/hurt/out of breath - I run around moaning..with a man's voice?! Argh!

Female/Males should be able to customize your looks more specific. Height, BMI, face, hair colour/style, chestsize etc.

• Like 1

Must......resist......Nazism.......

It's only......one......letter......

Hhhnnngg

Buy yeah I'm sure they'll fix the voices in a later patch.

(I remember on OFP CWC women had male voices lol)

Edited by Geckofrog7

if we can change size of our person there'll be only tiny midgets running around, to get smaller hitboxes

if hitboxes stay the same then you can't really adjust your character that much because of "I should have hit him" and "what I thought that went over his head but he's dead"

• Like 1

Not talking about midgets or little toy soldiers..just a slight difference like short, avarage, tall, where males can't be smaller than avarage females ;) 

• Like 1

Why not different hitboxes? It's not like you'll be invisible or that much more difficult to hit because you're of slightly smaller stature.

Give some leeway for different body sizes, it will add nicely to the roleplaying aspect of the game. Even cooler if they develop some kind of stats system, where you have strength, stamina and other attributes more or less affected by body size. On topic: the lack of female voices is likely only temporary.

Edited by oacceptabel
  • Like 2

I love how people apparently "read" what I write but then completely disregard it in their answers... do they not understand? Do they not care? Do they think "ad nauseum" is the same as real arguments?

I agree completely, females need some "loving" hehe.

However, i dont think you will ever see things like:

- Being able to adjust body size (width, figure, height, etc.)

- Being able to adjust other things like, boob size, but size, etc.

For the simple reason, they have to adjust every single animation to accomidate this "feature" and also adjust every single piece of clothing to fit correctly.

They could stretch the clothing, like we see in most MMORPG's, but it would not be ideal at all.

A feature like this has never been in any of the RV engine games, i simply dont believe it supports it at all.

And ofc the "midget hitbox" statement, as SoWeMeetAgain so nicely puts it :)

However, they need to make them abit more female looking and ofc get the voices fixed, but im quite sure it will be done :)

Im just happy they are actually putting females in the game, was truly disappointed they never made it into Arma 3 :(

Even cooler if they develop some kind of stats system, where you have strength, stamina and other attributes more or less affected by body size.

But for the love of god, dont ever put any kind of stats into the game :/
This is not an RPG, we should not have stats at all, in my oppinion.
The only "stat" that should matter, is the player skills, the actual human sitting behind the screen hehe.

Edited by Byrgesen

But for the love of god, dont ever put any kind of stats into the game :/

This is not an RPG, we should not have stats at all, in my oppinion.

The only "stat" that should matter, is the player skills, the actual human sitting behind the screen hehe.

I get your point, but still I miss the 'feel' of my toons body functions somehow. I don't mean it to be shown at all times on screen - but what if you had some kinda infobox within the inventory. I searched for it to begin with, i clicked the Healty/Hungry/Thirsty bars in inventory. :blush: Maybe some sort of Health Page, temperature, heartrate etc? Not one who gives exactly away what you need to do next, but one who gives you a hint.. example if youre temperature is low, you'd consider to swim at that state etc?

I get your point, but still I miss the 'feel' of my toons body functions somehow. I don't mean it to be shown at all times on screen - but what if you had some kinda infobox within the inventory. I searched for it to begin with, i clicked the Healty/Hungry/Thirsty bars in inventory. :blush: Maybe some sort of Health Page, temperature, heartrate etc? Not one who gives exactly away what you need to do next, but one who gives you a hint.. example if youre temperature is low, you'd consider to swim at that state etc?

I see what you mean, but this was a choice Rocket made, to simply remove every UI indicator and replace it with text.

Im sure it was to try and make it alot more dynamic and unforgiving, since we now have sooooo many different texts popping up, giving us a hint about our current condition :)

And thats the thing, if your tempreture is low, you will know because you get a hint through the text :)

They are all here, if you want to see them:

http://www.reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/1tlllt/dayz_standalone_symptoms/

• Like 1

Ah! Sounds good - thanks! Gonna read that asap :)

:thumbsup:  Aha! Thanks ..I see they are all there :D Silly me :rolleyes:

• Like 1

:thumbsup:  Aha! Thanks ..I see they are all there :D Silly me :rolleyes:

Ah! Sounds good - thanks! Gonna read that asap :)

Yeh its actually a quite intuitive system they came up with :)