aleination

Creepiest thing I've ever seen in the standalone??

Okay guys, so I'm playing DayZ and roaming around the coast trying to help fresh spawns, when suddenly i see about a dozen men wearing clown masks and playing Tiny Tim's "Living in the Sunlight" and it was probably one of the scariest things I've ever witnessed in a DayZ.  Can anybody please tell me what was going on??

Skip to the last 3 or 4 minutes to see what is going on. I have yet to witness it a second time. I don't know if this is a glitch or somebody managed to hack the game or whatever.  But it was creepy as hell. Has anybody else had this happen to them in the game before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U54K1aF324w

• Like 1

It's a glitch, nothing more. I didn't see it that obviously in the middle of the street yet, but I already saw like 2 or 3 duplicated glitch chars hidden in some trees. Pretty normal. Sadly.

how can that be a gltich? seems like someone hacking to me... pretty fucking awesome regardless. probably one of the coolest things ive seen

To me the footsteps sound kind of 'off', like when walking the footsteps sound like they're coming from the left (I wear headphones), so I get spooked and end up going stealth ninja at the NWAF and cities.

also, this has inspired me to play living in the sunlight and blast people on the coast. 

• Like 1

how can that be a gltich? seems like someone hacking to me... pretty fucking awesome regardless. probably one of the coolest things ive seen

It is a glitch. Already replicated it once, and it (sadly) works. It's a game-breaking glitch, but somehow they didn't fix it yet.

It is a glitch. Already replicated it once, and it (sadly) works. It's a game-breaking glitch, but somehow they didn't fix it yet.

Game breaking?? That was the funniest thing I've ever seen on DayZ haha. Definitely not a game breaker for me

Hands down is probably the messed up bus just off the side of the main coast road between Kamyshovo and Solnichniy that has the 16 some odd half buried dead corpses strewn about beside it. Caught me off guard as I was about to loot it, as I hadn't seen any sort of "Human Death" element in the game up to that point. Then I realized I was walking on a bunch of decrepit, dead, rotting faces. And at 3am in the morning it kind of wigs you out a bit more than usual

Hands down is probably the messed up bus just off the side of the main coast road between Kamyshovo and Solnichniy that has the 16 some odd half buried dead corpses strewn about beside it. Caught me off guard as I was about to loot it, as I hadn't seen any sort of "Human Death" element in the game up to that point. Then I realized I was walking on a bunch of decrepit, dead, rotting faces. And at 3am in the morning it kind of wigs you out a bit more than usual

Yeah, I thought that was an awesome subtle touch that some people didn't notice. Did you happen to see that there's a tent in the trees about 10 meters away from the bus?

Game breaking?? That was the funniest thing I've ever seen on DayZ haha. Definitely not a game breaker for me

May be looking funny, but I can tell you something - infinite amounts of ammo, weapons, and gear. Think about it. Correct. Game-breaking.

May be looking funny, but I can tell you something - infinite amounts of ammo, weapons, and gear. Think about it. Correct. Game-breaking.

Nah there was no gear on them, just crowbars and small backpacks. Which could be taken advantage of I guess. But you've got a really good point

Nah there was no gear on them, just crowbars and small backpacks. Which could be taken advantage of I guess. But you've got a really good point

Yes, the person in the video didn't cause too much harm, but I'm talking about this glitch in general. You can easily get 1000 m4 rounds in not even 5 minutes, which destroys the whole purpose of a survival game.

• Like 1

Yes, the person in the video didn't cause too much harm, but I'm talking about this glitch in general. You can easily get 1000 m4 rounds in not even 5 minutes, which destroys the whole purpose of a survival game.

Oooh okay I see what you mean now. I agree totally

It's a game-breaking glitch, but somehow they didn't fix it yet.

:facepalm:

Did you read the warning label, littered all over the place?

The game is not a game yet, its broken and its not ment to be played yet, so thats why stuff like this is "not fixed yet".

Patience young padawan :D

• Like 2

:facepalm:

Did you read the warning label, littered all over the place?

The game is not a game yet, its broken and its not ment to be played yet, so thats why stuff like this is "not fixed yet".

Patience young padawan :D

Haha this is goldXD
  • Like 1

Haha this is goldXD

At least someone understand my humor rofl :)

• Like 1

At least someone understand my humor rofl :)

Haha the game wouldn't be nearly as fun if we didn't get to watch all the glitches slowly disappear. If you really think about it, it's so cool! We get to watch a game be built and be a part of it!:D

Running in the dark in a house then suddenly 2 people just turned around and looked at me and when I ran outside a other guy was just standing there looking at me... was a bit mind fcked 

Someone posted a video in the gallery like 3 weeks ago, but there was only 1 guy with the clown mask playing the same song and acting weird, with the hatchet in the hand and walking slowly. 

I think the name of the topic was "Ok this was scary/creepy" or something like that

Someone posted a video in the gallery like 3 weeks ago, but there was only 1 guy with the clown mask playing the same song and acting weird, with the hatchet in the hand and walking slowly.

I think the name of the topic was "Ok this was scary/creepy" or something like that

I actually was in the same town messing with people too. I had the Dallas mask on and was holding a screwdriver with no clothes on. Scared the hell out of a guy