Sign in to follow this  
HalZyon

How to "restore" or find your character post-patch 0.32.114557

Got a heart attack when your character vanished from the main menu? Your not the only one. 

Your saved pre-0.32.114557 hive character is actually safe/transferred on servers marked "Regular". I have confirmed this with my own character. Transit between public regular servers is "safe" (as far as Alpha goes...) with your "default" hive character without it getting wiped.  

When you start on a hardcore server, you will receive a new character, but your regular character will not be overwritten. He/she will be waiting for you the next time you play on a regular server.

I *think* you need to use the same character name your pre-0.32.114557 char had, but I haven't confirmed this yet. If your name changed, you need to use the same nickname you used for that character. 

Currently all "Public" Regular servers seem to share the default hive, whereas public hardcore servers are on a different hive.

Whether public hardcore servers SHARE a hive between hardcore servers is something I haven't confirmed yet. 

"Private" Regular or Hardcore servers have their VERY OWN SEPARATE HIVE. Your characters on those servers will be server specific/unique and won't transfer to other servers (unless they explicitly share the same sub-hive) 

P.s. Not entirely sure about Veteran servers. Gonna test it out now. 

Edited by HalZyon
  • Like 2

Can't really confirm this - I made a character on a "Dayz DE 4-012 Regular" whatever server, got some gear and stopped playing for an hour. Went into a server from the same host, just with a different number, but my character was still wiped. Pretty strange, since both were Regular servers, both were the same host, just different numbers. Sometimes my character stays, but it gets wiped most of the time right now.

I used my old name on a regular server. Still a random character with random gear. He also looks like a character I had a few deaths ago with civilian gear.

It also resets the character among other regular servers. This fix doesn't seem to work.

Edited by DontGoToBalotaAlone

I used my old name on a regular server. Still a random character with random gear. He also looks like a character I had a few deaths ago with civilian gear.

Aye, judging from the reports coming in from all over the forums, characters from various timelines from last week are restored. My own character was a save from a week ago. I can imagine it'd be even more confusing if one ahd several characters succumbing to several dark fates within the last week... It's almost as if the Hive stopped saving characters a week ago and can only recall the character that existed at that point in time.