Sign in to follow this  
perambulate

Admin abuse

Black Sun Clan - Hardcore - 114557 is the name of the server that keeps restarting so the clan members come back from the dead and so that they can keep relooting military gear spawns. I ran into a guy that siad that if we kill him, since he is the admin, he will kick me and restart the server. after my friend shot and killed him he got kicked and the server restarted. all happened between 9:35-9:45 PM EST.

Is this proof to get some kind of ban or something. i took a screenshot on my steam profile showing the admin kicking players too.

i am no sort of expert and as soon as someone posts below me, feel free to disregard this, but since they're paying cash money for their server, i guess they can buy a private place to gear up and circle jerk it.

i'd find a new server

i am no sort of expert and as soon as someone posts below me, feel free to disregard this, but since they're paying cash money for their server, i guess they can buy a private place to gear up and circle jerk it.

i'd find a new server

Yeah you are no expert indeed. They are connected to the main hive so follow the rules till private hives are up and running.

Just report them, the thread in my signature should help you with that.

• Like 2

Yeah you are no expert indeed. They are connected to the main hive so follow theo rules till private hives are up and running.

Just report them, the thread in my signature should help you with that.

perhaps everyone screaming "report, report!" should reread the rules instead of causing problems to people done nothing wrong. it is perfectly within the rules to kick players or restart servers. it is clearly stated in the rules.

perhaps everyone screaming "report, report!" should reread the rules instead of causing problems to people done nothing wrong. it is perfectly within the rules to kick players or restart servers. it is clearly stated in the rules.

Kicking people and restarting the server just so the server resets you back to life is totally fine?  lets all exploit in that case..

Kicking people and restarting the server just so the server resets you back to life is totally fine? lets all exploit in that case..

you are wondering off point. you are wrongly trying to create the impression that kicking players or restarting servers is to violate the rules. it is not.

you are wondering off point. you are wrongly trying to create the impression that kicking players or restarting servers is to violate the rules. it is not.

Then I think we can agree to disagree, I have seen servers going offline were I know for a fact that they got reported for kicking people of their server 24/7 (kicking every single person) and you have your point of view that you are sure hosts don't warn people for this. 

/edit/ 

Actually I am not off point perhaps you did not notice because you starting conversations with me in several threads but OP stated that when he killed the admin (serveral times) they kicked them and restarted the server after each time and I did respond to his situation and not a other situation

Edited by Chauz

Then I think we can agree to disagree, I have seen servers going offline were I know for a fact that they got reported for kicking people of their server 24/7 (kicking every single person) and you have your point of view that you are sure hosts don't warn people for this.

/edit/

Actually I am not off point perhaps you did not notice because you starting conversations with me in several threads but OP stated that when he killed the admin (serveral times) they kicked them and restarted the server after each time and I did respond to his situation and not a other situation

it is not an opinion. it is a fact. clearly stated in the rules. the serveres you are reffering to violated the rules by trying to impose a "no killing" policy ..wich is against the rules...

it is not an opinion. it is a fact. clearly stated in the rules. the serveres you are reffering to violated the rules by trying to impose a "no killing" policy ..wich is against the rules...

Why did you respond to my message in this thread then? I said it is against the rules. You are the only person that started with the " Kicking is not against the rules" in this thread. 

i'd find a new server

You need to re-read the rules.

It clearly states you CANNOT kick players for your friends, and that you can ONLY kick players for being disruptive. Kicking a player for no reason is NOT allowed.

Obtained from: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

IMPORTANT: There are RULES that you need to follow as a server administrator. They are as follows:
  • The server MAY NOT be passworded
  • You MAY NOT run any other mods, or keys.
  • You CANNOT kick other players for your friends and clanmates
  • You CANNOT lock the server for ANY reason at ANY time
  • You CANNOT edit the DayZ Mod mission files
  • Battleye MUST be installed and running at ALL TIMES
  • Minimum slot count of 40 (30 for countries where bandwidth is expensive i.e. developing countries)
  • You may only ban players for two reasons: Malicious talk, and racism.
  • You may only kick for disruptive behavior (such as continued VOIP over side channel).
Kicking for extremely excessive ping or desync is permitted, but if abused is grounds for blacklisting

You need to re-read the rules.

It clearly states you CANNOT kick players for your friends, and that you can ONLY kick players for being disruptive. Kicking a player for no reason is NOT allowed.

Obtained from: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/55657-start-here-a-beginners-guide-to-dayz-servers-and-administration/

you might be right. i guess my error is that i read the rules for dayz standalone ..the once stated by the developer... not the rules for dayz mod.

Quite ridiculous to be honest, we were playing there and the admin was using side chat to enforce a no killing in electro rule, stating that if we did he would kick us.