Katabasis

Anyone have success in turning their server Private Hive or Hardcore?

I have no clue how to turn on these options.  Anyone with gameserver who can help would be greatly appreciated!

Very possible, that your host hasn't set up the option for hardcore yet.

It only just released, so I would wait a bit for the hosters to adjust.

There's also no option for a private hive - the subhives are just for the hardcore-version as far as I'm aware.

I have the option to turn on Hardcore (aka, first-person only), but no luck yet in finding out how to set up a private hive.  Still waiting on info for how that's accomplished and/or confirmation that it's actually available.  Not actually enabling Hardcore yet, though...because it makes for lousy videos.   ;)

I should mention, we use Fragnet...so I know they at least have the option enabled for Regular/Hardcore in their hosting control panel.

Edited by theArk0s

thanks for the quick responses.  I dont understand why I cannot have private hive + 1st person only w/out making the server "hardcore". ...... that would require day/night cycle and that KILLS a server's population currently.  I also stream and cannot have the server be nighttime for the entire duration of my nightly stream.

Yeah...all I want is a private shard to stop server hopping/ghosting/looting.  Beyond that, I really don't need much from an admin standpoint beyond what they currently have exposed...just frustrating that even those few toggles aren't in yet.  Even if you set your server to "Hardcore" right now, from my understanding...that just sets your server to the other mass-public "Hardcore" shard with all the other "Hardcore" servers.  I want an actual "private" shard, so people and their loot/gear only exist on my server and my server only.  The Regular/Hardcore settings are fine, but I don't want people to be able to hop from my server to any others and vice-versa to grab loot or to ghost from one place to another.  I'm fine if the rules are 100% the same - but you either play public, or you play on my shard, your call.  Public right now is just too full of cheaters/looters (and to me, always will be) - my shard, at least I can police/control that.

Edited by theArk0s

From the changelog:

• Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)

I take this to mean that private hives are now enabled.  Either the private hive will be maintained at the provider level,  or in a separate database at BIS.  Either way I don't see them releasing the server files yet.  But if I'm interpreting that correctly,  the hosting companies should begin to offer the private hive option (thus password protect). 

Extrapolating,  if private hives are enabled then IMO so should other yet-to-be-released admin functions - kick/ban/etc.

I'm hoping we can get some more info on this.

From the changelog:

• Database support for sub hives. (Sub-private, Hardcore/Regular public)

I take this to mean that private hives are now enabled.  Either the private hive will be maintained at the provider level,  or in a separate database at BIS.  Either way I don't see them releasing the server files yet.  But if I'm interpreting that correctly,  the hosting companies should begin to offer the private hive option (thus password protect). 

Extrapolating,  if private hives are enabled then IMO so should other yet-to-be-released admin functions - kick/ban/etc.

I'm hoping we can get some more info on this.

That was my understanding of that line as well...but I don't have an update from my provider on this and no one in the forums seems to know.  (Nor has the dev team responded with any info).  I have a support ticket open with my provider to see if they can get an official answer and/or hopefully we'll get a response, but given that the patch just came out a few hours ago, I'm guessing it could be a while.

Going to be really, REALLY disappointed if that line turns out to be the dev team's way of communicating how they split the public hive into two sub-shards (one for Regular, one for Hardcore).

I'm with Vilayer and I have no options for sub-private/private yet although I do have the 3rd/1st person options but that was always present.
The Hardcore/Regular options are there as well obviously meaning the same thing. No idea why they split it up like that.

Yeah...all I want is a private shard to stop server hopping/ghosting/looting.  Beyond that, I really don't need much from an admin standpoint beyond what they currently have exposed...just frustrating that even those few toggles aren't in yet.  Even if you set your server to "Hardcore" right now, from my understanding...that just sets your server to the other mass-public "Hardcore" shard with all the other "Hardcore" servers.  I want an actual "private" shard, so people and their loot/gear only exist on my server and my server only.  The Regular/Hardcore settings are fine, but I don't want people to be able to hop from my server to any others and vice-versa to grab loot or to ghost from one place to another.  I'm fine if the rules are 100% the same - but you either play public, or you play on my shard, your call.  Public right now is just too full of cheaters/looters (and to me, always will be) - my shard, at least I can police/control that.

This is all we are looking for as well... Though we would like to tie 1 or 2 servers together due to our large community size.

I had to message my support staff and they had to manually edit my UI to include Regular/Hardcore toggle and time of day.  All fixed .. if you are having issues with gameservers open a support ticket .. took about an hour or so for them to reply