Sign in to follow this  
Snafun

Modular Clothing

Hay there,

So everyone is trying to get military pants, jackets and vests. On one hand for the camouflage but on the other hand for the additional inventory space. This means everyone ends looking like an russian soldier mixed with some british vests, given you won't be killed before you can get of the beach (D-Day anybody?).

But:
What if you can make it of the beach and equip your lousy pants with some leg pouches or other "strap ons"?
Make them different sizes, different colors or even specific to some kind of gear like the chest holder. Imagine having pouches for knives, canteens or magazines. This way other player could see what you have and inventory space would be more specific.

Think and share your onion on it! :D 

Snaff

Dude im pretty sure when the game finally released will be ton of clothing, and btw i avoid military clothing, i prefer the casual citizen clothing.

I would defintley like the option to customize clothing, this would allow you to find a way to attach a headlamp to head gear. By having another player being able to see certain things you have stored that would be interesting, they did it with holsters so I could see having a extra knife slot you could add to a vest.

• Like 1

I don't doubt that we will end up with tons of clothing, but I just like the idea of custumize your gear and the ability for others to see what you have and what not.

You can see a guy with a tactical vest and military clothing and other than that he hasn't any more loot.

OR

You can see a guy with a cooking pot hanging on this backpack and a knife strapped to his leg, a gun in a holster and so on.

I'd like to see a mixed integration of actual and crafted modular vest/plate carriers/backpacks along with mag, aid, holster, dump, and utility pouches. Add a sturdy belt and you can add more flexibility with holsters/pouches. There's rope, burlap sacks, and tape as of now. Plenty of more options down the road I'd bet too.

Would be nice to see dyes and needles/thread for altering clothing. I would love to see clothing be repairable, and to be able to have a motif on your shirt/pants that can be selected from your computer, much like the spray tag in L4D/L4D2. It would also be nice to see some alternate-style clothing with storage space, or just a much wider selection of clothing in general, though I see the things I have in mind (trenchcoats, mascot suits, etc) as being more likely to be modded into the game by the playerbase than added in as a core feature.