Sign in to follow this  
SomeBull

walkie-talkie

I was wondering all the equipment that there is in the game. One thing that surviving game needs is walkie-talkies.

I know there is TS and so on but that is for pre-formed groups. It could be cool if you could find walkie-talkie or other communication equipment from the map and the trying to contact other survivors through the channels.

In best case scenario you can try to call rescuers to help you escaping from the building where you are being pinned by horde of zombies. In worst case scenario you give your position to the rotten eggs out there and get killed/robbed. I don't think this would even be hard to implement because there is also voice communication in the game. So just if player has active communication device activated other players with the active communication device can hear him. There can also be different channels, maximum distance to signal to travel, addons like headset, etc. Comment what you like about the idea...

You can get walkie talkies now in the game, however they don't work yet but they're coming! :)

• Like 2

Walkie-Talkies are actually already in the game, that being said they do nothing. But i hope they allow global chat.

• Like 1

Cheap walkies talkies have a range of about 2 km or less, more expensive one almost 30 km radius, so i dont know if can it be global....depends on the model and it cant cover the whole map. 

• Like 1

Been talked about many times and everytime I agree

• Like 1

No use anyway...thanks 3rd party coms.

This is true that clans/friends will still use 3rd party. However it would be fun to just randomly broadcast on channels just to see if you get anything back. You never know it may be an easy way for friendlys to start playing together, or banditsruining somones day.

• Like 1

walkies would be very nice,  maybe both long and short-range, that way you could get in touch with other players in the area who also happens to have walkies and meet up/lure them into a trap etc. could be interesting in many ways.

• Like 1

You can get walkie talkies now in the game, however they don't work yet but they're coming! :)

Ok, thanks! I didn't find any topi relating to this topic before, but thanks for the information now I know :D Waiting to see if some day I really find some thing that works...