Sign in to follow this  
Zeshio (DayZ)

fnx mags?

After playing for four hours on a character, I finally ran into not one, but three! Fnx pistols. One problem- they were all missing magazines. Is this a bug, or does someone spawn in and jack all the mags? And if people do that and move servers, i hate you. I've got the ammo, but no magazine now. Woo!

Magazines usually dont spawn with the gun.  Can be found usually in and on  top of firestations or at military bases.  Found them at other random places aswell but those two are your best bets.

I've had some WEIRD luck with FNX magazines, where I won't find shit but I'll find hundreds of revolvers and FNX pistols. Then I'll die and guess what? Every fire house, building, and dead player has a 20/20 Pristine magazine, but I can't find a g-damn FNX! I am not even kidding.

On a serious note, why can't we load a round in the chamber? Even without a magazine you could still have and fire a single round from the chamber. Wherres ma realizm?

• Like 4

From personal experience FNX mags are the item I have found the least of, as in lucky if I come across one. While M4 mags rain down from the heavens.

On a serious note, why can't we load a round in the chamber? Even without a magazine you could still have and fire a single round from the chamber. Wherres ma realizm?

I saw some other guy explain why this won't work. I think it was because newer pistols can't shoot without a magazine in. Some safety shizzle I think.

I saw some other guy explain why this won't work. I think it was because newer pistols can't shoot without a magazine in. Some safety shizzle I think.

I was about to post a serious reply, but then I saw your avatar picture and about died laughing!

Oh God, my sides....

From personal experience FNX mags are the item I have found the least of, as in lucky if I come across one. While M4 mags rain down from the heavens.

Earlier on when I first got the game, I had no trouble finding them, but the last few days have been the exact same thing. I find enough m4 mags that I could give them away, but have only managed to find one fnx mag in 4 days or so of playing.

Some pistols work like that, but not all. As far as the FNx45? I have no idea.

The only pistol I own is a Sig Sauer 2022 "pro series", and it is able to fire a round in the chamber without a magazine inserted. However, chambering a round WITHOUT the magazine is somewhat tricky.

*EDIT:

Lack of mags for the FNx45 may be highly attributable to server hoppers.

Edited by Crazykage

the pistol mags mostly spawns in firestations  

the pistol mags mostly spawns in firestations  

Correct, i ran through the Chernos firehouse, and found 1 FNX45, 60 bullets and 2 mag's. Pretty convenient if you ask me!