Sign in to follow this  
nms886

Something I noticed in the experimental server list.

The first time I saw a 50 cap server in Standalone! Others may have seen them before but I've only ever seen 40 max. I personally felt that 40 was a bit to small for the huge map and am excited to see an increase in the number of players. I'm sure i haven't seen more than 40 before and quite a few 30 caps due to server quality and performance optimization. What do you guys think would be the optimal player cap for the map if performance wasn't an issue? I was thinking somewhere about 60, but perhaps more players isn't better.. on one hand it might make for more role playing and fun interaction and on the other it might make it more of a team death match... which gets old fast.

Edited by nms886

I'm the opinion of that I would a stable playerbase in which I could find someone every, say 5-20 minutes. So I don't get bored of traveling the map by myself. I know you can get a team but I would like some more player interaction and see other people. I've seen videos with other people confronting with other people, on a regular basis.

tbh i hoping for a 100 player cap once the map is balanced out so that more people are evenly spread out but i may be alone here.

Edited by africanhungergames
  • Like 2

I was surprised at the low player limits after buying the game last Friday. More the merrier.

• Like 2

Dean reported that server performance in the last build has been great and hinted this will result in more zombies.  It sounds like it will result in more players too :) 

I'd love to see a player cap of 200-300.  In a map this huge, it would be welcome. 

not to support it (its fucking awfull) but in infestation survivor stories he player count is 200,just saying.

Dayz the mod and dayz SA both have better and deeper game play so they dont need more then 60 player counts and only need 30 or so players to feel right.

• Like 3

not to support it (its fucking awfull) but in infestation survivor stories he player count is 200,just saying.

Dayz the mod and dayz SA both have better and deeper game play so they dont need more then 60 player counts and only need 30 or so players to feel right.

Most of these posters seem to want more friends targets.

Dean reported that server performance in the last build has been great and hinted this will result in more zombies.  It sounds like it will result in more players too :)

I'd love to see a player cap of 200-300.  In a map this huge, it would be welcome. 

I agree as long as there is enough loot to support it. I'm not talking a M4/Mosin and a backpack for everyone but with that many people the coastal towns would be picked clean as soon as the loot spawns. They would need to make some of the inland towns a bit bigger too, I think. 6 buildings doesn't really make a town. ;)

At the moment I think 60 players are enough.

But looking at the development of the map which tends to decentralise important loot I think even more player per server are possible.
At the current state you have 60 players spread to 3 airfields and 3 big towns or on the way to these spots. Having more big cities and maybe some interesting locations in the middle of the map, it could work out pretty nice with ~100 players.

• Like 1

Most of these posters seem to want more friends targets.

? why do you say that?

Double 

Edited by meat pie

Tripple

Edited by meat pie

Rocket mentioned in June that 150 players would work good for chernarus. Personally I'd love to see that one day.
(
http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/138121-bikeman-june-2013-interviewlivestream-with-rocket/  : "crtl"+"f"+"150")

Of course before this is possible the loot spawns need to be spread more (requires server stability -> testing -> time).
For example a few military camps (one or two barracks, some tents) near the cities in the middle(-north , -west).

Playing alone can be kinda boring even with 30-40 ppl. Player interaction (hero or bandit) makes the game far more interesting (obviously :P).

Loving the little "hidden" updates. 50 slots servers is going in the right direction ^