Sign in to follow this  
teamkiller2k13

Character Wipes ...

Even its a alpha, what is more frustrating then getting KoS'ed with full gear?

Chaning the server and loosing all your gear + spawning at the coast again.

In 25h playtime this happened 3 x already to me (I usually play 7h / day on my notebook).

Well, and i had absolute high gear loot everytime this happened. Whats the cause of this?

Don't server hop mate ;)

Edited by MarcOwaR
  • Like 2

Alpher i imagine.  I have had it happen once in about 150 hours.

I have had it happen once in about 150 hours.

In 25h playtime this happened 3 x already to me (I usually play 7h / day on my notebook).

Non server hopper (Hetstaine) vs. serverhopper (OP)

the player is disconnected from the hive and loads you up as a noob because it doesnt know you.

the solution is to IMMEDIATELY log out before you sync with the hive and try again in 10 minutes, if you spawn a noob again, get out FAST and keep trying every 10 minutes until you spawn back with your loot.

the dead giveaway that you are disconnected from the hive is your character spawns as a completely different type than your default.

• Like 1

In 79 hours of gameplay the only time I had my character wiped was when they wiped the whole DB.

I thought I'd my character again but I logged out quick and checked another server to find all my stuff intact.

So, quit hopping servers so fast OP.

One thing, i didn't hop for loot or something, i just regularely logged out at solnichy and when i started the game again (I had to eat somethin) , it auto lead me to the server list to find a new server.

I've had this happen a lot but since I found out if you exit the server you spawn in as a fresh Bambi without moving (immediately hitting ESC + exit) and re-visit the server you last had your geared character I've managed to get my character back 3 times already.

This does have the downside of me having to note each server I go into on a piece of paper, but it's not that big of a deal. 

*Shrug*

Welcome to the alpha

wow you lost gear man no one has made this topic before..........................

Aquiring new gear, starting out in a new location, wandering around searching for the things you need and struggling against other geared people is a lot of fun. I hate server-hopping, so I never did it but I lost a fully geared character 3 times after the server of choice was restarting midgame. 
Meant for me I was raging for about 10 seconds, realised I don't know where I was (did spawn way inland) and had fun with friendly and not so friendly players I found on the way.

Dying/Loosing your gear is part of the thrill.

Have fun, enjoy it, say f*** it and have more fun!

Cheers Snaf ;)

Well, I am sorry for you. I only got wiped once so far (not including the full wipe)... :P