Sign in to follow this  
PiLLZ

Shot dead in cold blood in NEAF

i have never fired a real gun in my life, so ill draw on my limited knowledge using gaming. COD1 ( yeah i know . . i played COD 1 - but it was before it went stupid so its viable) the springfield rifle used a 5 round clip. after discharging all rounds you could clearly here the clip ejected . . PING ( the clips holds the rounds together). a tommy gun however used a magazine, which was individually loaded rounds within a cartridge(magazine).

thats my take on it, hopefully ill never have to know first hand. 

Hi all...

One question, why the only two options are server hopper or camper? it could be just possible that the guy just log-in a couple of minutes before because he log-out in that same spot in the same server before? 

-M.

Most people take the extra time to log out so they don't log into a building that may already have people in it.  The barracks, jails/police stations/whatever you want to call them, firestations, and air control towers have most of the spawns for military loot, so it's not wise to log out in them.  I've been looting a hanger as well as one of the jails when someone logged into them.  They logged in at the wrong time and got shot in the face by a couple of people.

i have never fired a real gun in my life, so ill draw on my limited knowledge using gaming. COD1 ( yeah i know . . i played COD 1 - but it was before it went stupid so its viable) the springfield rifle used a 5 round clip. after discharging all rounds you could clearly here the clip ejected . . PING ( the clips holds the rounds together). a tommy gun however used a magazine, which was individually loaded rounds within a cartridge(magazine).

That is correct sir.

Hi all...

One question, why the only two options are server hopper or camper? it could be just possible that the guy just log-in a couple of minutes before because he log-out in that same spot in the same server before? 

-M.

Yeah it happens but it's usually not seen as a good idea to log out inside one of the AF or military buildings . As you log in It takes a few moments for you to load and you announce to everyone near by that you've arrived by the ammo re-loading sound.

Also if you've switched to a different server you have no idea who is down stairs or outside because you've not been able to check it out.

ThePieking beat me to it.

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes

Likely a server hopper.

50/50. A lot of people do just sit behind the top of the stairs and wait for unsuspecting victims.

If you're in a server with third-person enabled always, always, always check it before you actually move up the stairs. If not then say a prayer, peek quickly and be ready to run. xD

Of course there is a difference one holds the bullet and one is the bullet but there is not a difference when you are shot with the bullets and you choose to use the term clip.

Saying the clip was emptied and saying the magazine was emptied is fine, there is nothing wrong with it and it makes perfect sense so trying to correct someone on something that is not wrong is just pathetic, people can say it however they want and both ways are correct, what you have linked makes no difference.

Neither one is the cartridge.

LMAO ok Im sorry if i got my magazines and clips mixed up, seems like a real rager going on here, anyways, some one mentioned looking for Z's and other clear signs of someone in the area, i did rush it a bit so, it really doesnt matter if he was camping or hopping or sitting in one spot for 3 hours so he could make a kill, what matters is he bested me, however he did it he had the upper hand in that case and I only blame myself for not being cautious. I feel like i learned a lesson from that one encounter, thank you for participating everyone.

Edited by PiLLZ

The first time I was killed it was while looting the second floor of a building. I turned around to see someone in a gas mask standing there with an ax. I'm still haunted by that death.

A few days later someone with a Mosin shot my friend. I ran into a house and crouched around the corner with nothing but a splitting ax. Sure enough, the bandit followed me but I surprised her and hacked her to death. I took her Mosin and got my friends Magnum back for him. 

• Like 1

@ jonah_hobbs i sometimes get in there and there is nothing of value, and if i have picked up two sidearms on the way ill drop one on one of the stairwells so at least the next guy in gets something for the trouble.

i find it very nerve racking going into this place, but isn't that the nature of the game?.

LMAO ok Im sorry if i got my magazines and clips mixed up, seems like a real rager going on here, anyways, some one mentioned looking for Z's and other clear signs of someone in the area, i did rush it a bit so, it really doesnt matter if he was camping or hopping or sitting in one spot for 3 hours so he could make a kill, what matters is he bested me, however he did it he had the upper hand in that case and I only blame myself for not being cautious. I feel like i learned a lesson from that one encounter, thank you for participating everyone.

There are some people who will sit in 1 spot for.... hours on end.  I don't see the enjoyment in it, but it happens.  There was a post from the first week this went into open alpha where some guy and his buddy camped an area for 10 hours before they saw anyone. It's sad really, they camp an area for hours on end for a couple of kills.  Most of them will log out if they end up in any danger.  I had a couple of people do that yesterday, they tried to kill some almost fresh spawns then one got one of my buddies, another buddy got that guy and the second guy logged out when his magazine ran dry.

There are some people who will sit in 1 spot for.... hours on end.  I don't see the enjoyment in it, but it happens.  There was a post from the first week this went into open alpha where some guy and his buddy camped an area for 10 hours before they saw anyone. It's sad really, they camp an area for hours on end for a couple of kills.  Most of them will log out if they end up in any danger.  I had a couple of people do that yesterday, they tried to kill some almost fresh spawns then one got one of my buddies, another buddy got that guy and the second guy logged out when his magazine ran dry.

Yeah it happens, i never attack noobs, no fun in shooting some one unarmed or new to the game, i dont camp i just run from place to place, i stopped helping everyone cause they just try and beat your ass regardless of noob or vet so i just stay away from ppl in general, so far ive been on the receiving end mostly and im ok with that, like i said just gives me things to do again. I tried to camp once waited 10 min got really tired of it lol kept it moving haha

• Like 1

Holy shit guys if I knew the shit-storm that would erupt from my post I never would've posted it... 

CnPRplW.gif

Nah it's all good I enjoyed it and hopefully newer players would have picked up a few tips on looting at AFs and bases.

You're pretty close, the gun you're thinking of (with the distinctive 'ping' sound) is the M1 Garand which did hold 8 rounds in the enbloc clip. The Springfield is a bolt action rifle with 5 round magazine.

A minor detail, you had it mostly correct anyways.

Hi all...

-M.

Are what I been doing a lot lately out of habit in other games.  Close the doors behind me so no one enters.  With walking through wall/door zombies this is pointless, but I'm doing it out of habit of when they fix this.  It all so tells me real fast if some one else is in the same building as me.  Had this happen last night and I called out, "Friendly can I leave?"  He called back, "Yes leave if you don't kill me."   He was just  as new spawn as me, but from habbit I keep running into fully armed guys killing new spawns.   They need to change the spawn points again cause there camping at those area's and killing us for sport.  That gets old real fast and I logged out of game and stopped playing for the night.

• Like 2

Are what I been doing a lot lately out of habit in other games.  Close the doors behind me so no one enters.  With walking through wall/door zombies this is pointless, but I'm doing it out of habit of when they fix this.  It all so tells me real fast if some one else is in the same building as me.  Had this happen last night and I called out, "Friendly can I leave?"  He called back, "Yes leave if you don't kill me."   He was just  as new spawn as me, but from habbit I keep running into fully armed guys killing new spawns.   They need to change the spawn points again cause there camping at those area's and killing us for sport.  That gets old real fast and I logged out of game and stopped playing for the night.

yeah I just started doing that as well closing doors behind me, and in big towns I mostly stay to the back of the houses they usually have 2 doors so I don't even open the front ones.

Good strategy Pillz I do same but I can't help thinking that we (game) needs a squeaky door sound to alert us of an intruder following quickly in our footsteps.

alot of sounds need to be fixed, why does it sound like gun shots when I miss with my axe and hit a wall or tent (smaller area).

alot of sounds need to be fixed, why does it sound like gun shots when I miss with my axe and hit a wall or tent (smaller area).

It just does at the mo.it's a horrible little bug but we might have to live with it for a while.  If you get jumped by a zombie run outside in the open and then brain him with the axe.

i love dying in this game so i can experience the gathering part at the NEAF. Thats fun, intense as hell and FUN.

I don't know even know or care what you typed...beans for titties!

Are what I been doing a lot lately out of habit in other games. Close the doors behind me so no one enters. With walking through wall/door zombies this is pointless, but I'm doing it out of habit of when they fix this. It all so tells me real fast if some one else is in the same building as me. Had this happen last night and I called out, "Friendly can I leave?" He called back, "Yes leave if you don't kill me." He was just as new spawn as me, but from habbit I keep running into fully armed guys killing new spawns. They need to change the spawn points again cause there camping at those area's and killing us for sport. That gets old real fast and I logged out of game and stopped playing for the night.

If i loot at a military location i hit the barracks. When I'm playing with a friend, the one with a rifle enters the barrack lasr and closes the door and keeps proned with the gun ready. When someone opens the door they will be welcomed with a hail of bullets :)

No he is not.

The clip is coming out of the magazine and entering his body, he is still emptying the full clip out of the magazine, your point is invalid and the clip is just the same as saying magazine so please get over it.

If hes wrong and your right then the clip should still be with the other player.

If he is right and your wrong then the clip would be inside his lifeless body and guess what it is.

Clip is not the same as magazine. A magazine is a box the holds several rounds and feeds them into the breech. It can be either fixed or removable. A clip is a metal strip that holds several rounds together, to make them easier to load into a fixed magazine.

So you're wrong. Sorry about that. 

Yes, and other players need to make noise as well. As it is now, I'm not sure if they make any audible noise at all, at least I've never heard a sound from another player, except the reloading noise. Would also be neat if they doors would make noise that's audible to others, but I think that might be impossible in the ARMA engine. 

Some guy left a pristine scope for a Mosin which I'd been after for days. He must have already had one or was using an M4 - still amazed it was left there.

that was me, had an m4 and no room

yeah sound needs a major update, every time i hit something with the axe you get gunfire sound which is startling, other sounds like branch breaks should actually be an indicator for someone in the area or any of the sounds that you hear like the M4 or the Mosin moving on your back, or hopping over a fence, there is no radar and there won't be, there needs to be other ways to be able to pick up on subtle signs of someone near you, games still has loads of development left but spitballing ideas is always productive  :D