Sign in to follow this  
Amitymelon

I'm Lost and frustrated

Please help me. I purchased ARMA 2 and the complete package just so I could play Dayz with the Mod. However I have done what I was told to do which is launch the ARMA 2 and the Operation Arrowhead but still all I get when I attempt to play Dayz is a list of moving web links which are mostly with red X's.  If I click  on them then it turns X's out too.I have uninstalled all 3 programs and installed them again. Once again following Steams suggested.  Anyone know what I am doing wrong? 

Try this: Install the Operation Arrowhead beta patch (if you haven't), and then when you launch DayZ choose "play with beta patch."

• Like 1

BTW: this was posted to SA forum. You might want to ask a moderator to move it to the MOD section for correct visability.

Edited by m0tzilla
  • Like 1

Try this: Install the Operation Arrowhead beta patch (if you haven't), and then when you launch DayZ choose "play with beta patch."

Thanks but it didn't seem to work ... i have a error message that says " Dayz addon requires, CA Community Configuration Projects E". How do I get this file to help see if that will correct it

I'd recommend downloading DayZ Commander. Using Steam isn't all that useful in comparison to DayZ Commander and is the one I use for myself for all the files that you'll be required to use much easier than Six and Steam.

Once DayZ Commander is downloaded, here's what I'd recommend.

• Re-install DayZ Mod through the DayZ Commander utility to ensure it is downloaded properly.
  • Having Arma 2(or Arma 2 Free) and Operation Arrowhead with the proper CD-Key; make sure you have your game directories in the right location in which you can override if it's not.

Install DayZ Commander!

(Link above is completely virus free and is safe to download; source is from official website)

By the way, this is the Standalone subcategory which isn't meant to post things related to the mod but no worries. ;)

Edited by TIC321

I'd recommend downloading DayZ Commander. Using Steam isn't all that useful in comparison to DayZ Commander and is the one I use for myself for all the files that you'll be required to use much easier than Six and Steam.

Once DayZ Commander is downloaded, here's what I'd recommend.

• Re-install DayZ Mod through the DayZ Commander utility to ensure it is downloaded properly.
  • Having Arma 2(or Arma 2 Free) and Operation Arrowhead with the proper CD-Key; make sure you have your game directories in the right location in which you can override if it's not.

Install DayZ Commander!

(Link above is completely virus free and is safe to download; source is from official website)

By the way, this is the Standalone subcategory which isn't meant to post things related to the mod but no worries. ;)

Thank you I will try this. By the way I purchased ARMA 2 via Steam.... I did not use the any free version. I have the complete set so that it would include all the 2 games needed to work with Dayz. Also, sorry I may have put this in the wrong place. I am trying to learn my way around this site and troubleshooting seemed like the right place.  My bad!

To be honest, I also bought Arma on Steam (from Bohemia Bundle) and had no problems playing Dayz, neither on it's own nor with Commander.

You're in the wrong section to btw, there is a mod section and the above posts should help fix your problem

Edited by jbroge