Sign in to follow this  
Wrath (DayZ)

Mass teleport hack still exists.

Thought this was meant to have been made impossible with the whole network bubble thing. 

Was just playing with my friends, all our guns automatically were put away, then we were teleported throughout the map and executed.

I'm sure you guys are aware, but just thought I'd post this thread incase it was not well known.

I generally appear at where i logged in at. However I notice that when I log in sometimes for a moment I see another location. There could be an entity or spawn origin issue that causes you to rubberand to the entity / spawn location. One of these locations (possibly a bug) could be in the ocean, or under the world. I say you may have fallen through the world because depending on the code the edge of the worldbox could behave like water, and you would most likely not be able to see the world depending on where the geometry is in relation to the worldbox.

TLDR: Maby you ran through a mountain. 

I generally appear at where i logged in at. However I notice that when I log in sometimes for a moment I see another location. There could be an entity or spawn origin issue that causes you to rubberand to the entity / spawn location. One of these locations (possibly a bug) could be in the ocean, or under the world. I say you may have fallen through the world because depending on the code the edge of the worldbox could behave like water, and you would most likely not be able to see the world depending on where the geometry is in relation to the worldbox.

TLDR: Maby you ran through a mountain. 

Actually the place you see quickly is the background for your login screen where your character is standing there.

OP: yes the tele hack is still there, it will remain till the devs patch it out.  In the mean time make sure to stick to battle eye enabled servers and hope Ruitha smiles upon you.

Edited by Window Licker
  • Like 1

I've actually had more issues with people teleporting TO me, rather than me to them or elsewhere.

Empty server, 1 person jumps in, I am in the middle of bum-fuck nowhere (neither Cherno nor Elektro nor airfields nor road/railway) not firing guns or anything and out of nowhere I get shot in the back. No sight or sound of him running up to me first. 225 kilometer^2 map and I'm supposed to believe he just happened along me.

This has happened twice mind you, different nights, different servers, presumably different guys.

I occasionally play low-pop servers so I can explore, loot, and kill Zeds without being KoS'd by every other person. And so I can gear up without server hopping like those I hate (battle not with monsters, lest you become one...). What's even the point of playing low-pop servers if I'm just gonna get killed anyway? Come to find out there is a reason the server is empty. Badmin is bad.

Bullcrap.

Waiting for a few more patches before I play any more of this game. I love the game, but the combat-logging, server hopping, ghosting, teleporting, silent ninja zombies passing through walls, and rampant KoSing ruin it at the moment.

Edited by Rōnin Rick
  • Like 2

So? There are security breaches and exploints in an ALPHA game, is that a surprise?

• Like 2

Hacks are never impossible. Even a GIGANTIC game like World of Warcraft, with like 100.000.000$ gross each month can't prevent hacking. 

The "network bubble" simply made it a lot harder. End of story.

This what happens now is  a classic scenerio.

One script kiddie downloaded teleport hack, found out it undetectable (for now) and so other script kiddies download and use 'udetectable hack'.

Undetectable for now, untill battleye gets updated, then they will cry on forum "din du noffin and got banned".

• Like 6

Hello there

Im going to do the undo-able and mention "its Alpha"

Whilst the guys are fiddling with the cogs and pullies in the machine code occasionally spanners are going to be left behind which allow issues like these to arise.

Especially in the Alpha stage in the early days I would not rely on the security measures to be at 100pc 24/7/365

As the game matures we will see less"hax" but nonetheless, eliminating them 100pc is unlikely, there'll always be some sub humans who need to use them.

Rdgs

LoK

• Like 1

Let's not forget that people thought the seagull teleport was a hack in Arma 3 Alpha. It turned out to be a bug. I don't know if this is a hack or not, but it could be some kind of bug.

My question about this is:

If YOU as innocent player (cheat or script wise) get teleported all over by someone else, won't BattleEye be mad about it and ban you, assuming YOU used teleports yourself?

If YOU as innocent player (cheat or script wise) get teleported all over by someone else, won't BattleEye be mad about it and ban you, assuming YOU used teleports yourself?

No. If it was like that poeple would get banned every time they rubberbanded. They did not get banned for that.

No. If it was like that poeple would get banned every time they rubberbanded. They did not get banned for that.

Well, minus rubberbanding, obviously, as that would be registered I guess.

I think a friend got banned for just that after encountering a hacker or something like that. Not entirely sure what other reason it could've been.

Well, minus rubberbanding, obviously, as that would be registered I guess.

I think a friend got banned for just that after encountering a hacker or something like that. Not entirely sure what other reason it could've been.

no your "friend" needs to stop hacking

Thought this was meant to have been made impossible with the whole network bubble thing. 

Was just playing with my friends, all our guns automatically were put away, then we were teleported throughout the map and executed.

I'm sure you guys are aware, but just thought I'd post this thread incase it was not well known.

A quick use of the search function shows no less than 5 threads with the almost exact same title created within the last week.

Hello there

BE wont give a hoot if you get teleported. If your mate was banned it wasn't down to a "hacker".

Rgds

LoK