Sign in to follow this  
taxi driver

What about a storage place?

I thought a safe would suit for now where you can store some stuff. Making the feeling grow you got something like a home/base where you can operate from. As the number of items is growing it could be useful. You could also store stuff to help other players out.

A combination lock would be good and lock-picks.

One try to pick the lock with a minigame what kind ever, or just a random generator.

If the player changes the server, the safe opens and the next one who finds it can set the new combination.

EDIT: hmm, now i see the other posts, i tried "storage", "safe" and "locker" in the searchbar and no results were found.

Edited by taxi driver

ya Well there was tents before so those might come back

OR a feature which allows you to dig a hole in the ground with the shovel, in which to bury some gear. That would be awesome.

Stash. Already planned

Yeah they had those in the mod, tiny holes that could hold a few items. I would like it if tents returned but maybe different, they could still have storage but reduced but it should have more function besides being a camouflaged crate. It would be nice if they could have a animation that would have your character go in the tent and sleep. They could prob add attachments to, maybe a space heater or extra storage.

Yea, I was going to go with having like a small storage crate that you buried in the ground like a weapons cache. The ground over the top of it would look slightly disturbed but otherwise it would be unnoticeable if people weren't looking for it.

I love the tent idea, (newbie who didn't play the mod) I sort of think that on one side it may let people play more reckless knowing they have a back up but on the other hand tents that you could not lock could be just as shattering as dying or even worst.... coming back with a fresh spawn to find out not only did you die but someone found your tent and raided it, the safer you want it to be the further out from hot spots you go.

plus for someone like me (lone wolf)it gives me a chance to raid good gear without going to places like the airfields which tend to have people in groups. Now also following someone who looks like there heading no where might be fun because they could lead you back to there tent.

Edited by Jimbo_au

I love the tent idea, (newbie who didn't play the mod) I sort of think that on one side it may let people play more reckless knowing they have a back up but on the other hand tents that you could not lock could be just as shattering as dying or even worst.... coming back with a fresh spawn to find out not only did you die but someone found your tent and raided it, the safer you want it to be the further out from hot spots you go.

plus for someone like me (lone wolf)it gives me a chance to raid good gear without going to places like the airfields which tend to have people in groups. Now also following someone who looks like there heading no where might be fun because they could lead you back to there tent.

In the mod me and my friend were Hero players but when it came to raiding camps we truly did own our server and destroyed and found almost everyones camp. We had found all the weapons and equipment in the game. Created a trade network for players and sort of a marketplace. Its fun being able to store items away  that can still be looted but lets some progress in helpful items and extra gear be saved.

Yeah I remember hearing some epic raging when someone found there stash looted I tend to keep small caches all over the place so it doesn't hurt to bad when one is found.

No, it ruins the sense of if I die I loose it all.

If you die, the locker/safe is getting emptied and opened again. A hole would just have to dissapear.