Sign in to follow this  
valdark

Does anyone have a 3pp:off server with a full day/night cycle?

Anyone?

I'm really getting frustrated by every damned server being 8AM all day every day.

Found one server that is stuck at 4AM which isn't much better.

EDIT:  I found one that at the very least begins in the darkest part of night and progresses to dawn.

Haven't seen it reset yet to know if it holds a true day/night cycle but for those interested it's the closest I've found.

filter: goblinarmy

Edited by Valdark

Night time is a nightmare with gamma manipulating. Combat and finding people is impossible unless you also mess with the gamma or else you're just setting yourself up to die.

I had my gamma up because someone was clearly doing it. I then later ran into someone flash lighting his way down a road and he clearly didn't see me of to the side.... I felt really bad I was being a gamma warrior I simply let him go on his way and the put my gamma back to normal.

Well, an hour later and I saw movement down the road. Hid in one of the darkest spots in a house only to have the guy immediate find me and put a precision shot in my face.

And that's why I play on 24/7 daylight servers.

Night time is a nightmare with gamma manipulating. Combat and finding people is impossible unless you also mess with the gamma or else you're just setting yourself up to die.

I had my gamma up because someone was clearly doing it. I then later ran into someone flash lighting his way down a road and he clearly didn't see me of to the side.... I felt really bad I was being a gamma warrior I simply let him go on his way and the put my gamma back to normal.

Well, an hour later and I saw movement down the road. Hid in one of the darkest spots in a house only to have the guy immediate find me and put a precision shot in my face.

And that's why I play on 24/7 daylight servers.

Which has nothing to do with my request.

Thanks for complaining though it really helped.

Also looking for a good day / night server

I think there is a problem where by upon server restarting it goes back to its previous 'start time'

However admins can set the time manually. What we need is a nice admin who when re-setting the server makes sure the time is from where it left off.

If this could be scripted, it would be perfect. Something like

Server Starts: 8am-12 midday

----

Restarts at midday-4pm

-------

Restarts then plays 4pm-8 pm

------

Restarts at 8, till midnight

---------------

Midnight till 4am

--------------

4am to 8am