Sign in to follow this  
theldrin85

new player, servers, mods---help etc

just bought arma2 (for dayz) and the standalone, played the standalone for a few days had fun now i want to try the mod

i am mainly looking for a mod/server with more enterable buildings and populated servers

-base building etc would be a plus but not too important since im a new player

-hero skins....i dont know if that is in the "base" mod but i have seen youtube videos with people mentioning it

anything else is secondary really but if you would suggest a mod and some of the features in it that is cool to

thanks for the help

If you want a mod with both of those I'd recommend epoch... by far the best base building in the mods and having traders makes it easy to buy the skin you want for really cheap.

If you want a mod with both of those I'd recommend epoch... by far the best base building in the mods and having traders makes it easy to buy the skin you want for really cheap.

well i plan to try epoch for the bases etc, but i would like to try others as well

any other mods have more enterable buildings etc? i guess im a bit spoiled by the SA (and since i played SA first) where a good majority of buildings i walked up to were enterable lol

Epoch is a bit of a grind if you're by yourself. Just a heads up.

Sobaka
TYS

well i plan to try epoch for the bases etc, but i would like to try others as well

any other mods have more enterable buildings etc? i guess im a bit spoiled by the SA (and since i played SA first) where a good majority of buildings i walked up to were enterable lol

I suppose you could play Epoch on Panthera. Apparently Panthera has close to every building being enterable. 

I tried panthera a while back, got shot to bits within 15 minutes of starting until I gave up, I always felt playing Epoch, origins & Panthera was entering an exclusive social club. No-one would ever help you and you felt so unwelcome that you would quickly move on.

well since posting i have tried overwatch and vanilla, really liked a server on overwatch that has cdc checkpoints, headshot zombies etc, but you gear out SOOOO fast and its KoS for most people. while this is all well and good for those that like/if i feel like pvp.

currently i want to experiance the game.. and not be kitted out in 30 mins or less of play time

so currently i want the "survival" aspect (hard to come by loot etc) and im trying dayzero....performance increases are always a plus as well

If you want a hardcore experience, try DayZ 2017. Look it up!

Sobaka

TYS

Edited by TYS

If you want a hardcore experience, try DayZ 2017. Look it up!

Sobaka

TYS

i shall, thanks

so for some general clarifictation from a veteran player to a newbie.....some servers say "NO PVP/no stealing/PVE only" granted thats kind of self explanitory....but is it there to discourage pvp? , or will they ban you for doing it?

currently my playstyle is friendly and helpful....but if some guy takes my vehicle (for example) i want to shoot him lol

*edit i find a server with absolutley no pvp allowed is boring and takes away alot of the tension excitment of running into someone else

wich is why im asking for clarification =)

Edited by Theldrin