derekdakid

Why is my DayZ so slow?

idk if my specs are good or if they are being bottlenecked

Ram : 4 GB DDR2 800MHz

Motherboard; MSI K9N6PGM-V2

CPU : AMD Athlon II X4 @ 2.80 GHz

GPU : EVGA Nvidia GTX 650TI 2GB

SO my question is, is this computer too slow and is my gpu getting bottlenecked by my other components or is the GPU not good enough for days? I get 15 fps in cities on very low 

You have very bad RAM and a bad processor. I would suggest upgrading both. Currently everyone seems to get low FPS in cities, though. Wait for the game to be optimized.

Hello mate how you keeping? Im running 4gb ram and a gtx 650 with an i3 cpu, and I get around 80 fps in wooded areas, dropping to mid 30's at lowest in towns. I don't go to the big cities. Im no expert, but you have a better graphics card than I, so I think you need to turn down some of your video settings. There are helpful videos in the new player discussion forum that I used to make the game go from laggy to smooth.

A wee tip from me too, after you have lowered the rendering stuff, I downed my resolution to 87% instead of 100, its still clear as a bell but gave my fps a great wee boost.

I get around 80 fps in wooded areas, dropping to mid 30's at lowest in towns.

max fps is 60 sooooo

max fps is 60 sooooo

Only if vSync is enabled

Edited by Hutch
  • Like 1

ahh, thank you for that... i play on a TV so i need it enabled, my apologies to jock

No worries ether mr. Just to double check, I logged on again and sprinted about. In a field Im hitting early 80's. In wooded area next to town late 60' touching 70's. With the settings turned down mind. Not trying to pretend my gtx 650 can jump through fiery hoops!