tumek

PoS (Punch on Site)

I've heard of KoS before but I'm surprised at how many Bambi's want to Punch on Site.

Last night I had respawned just south of Solnichniy and, after getting my bearings, I took off inland to get some water. I didn't bother to stop on the way to get any loot so, at this point, I'm completely fresh - no gear whatsoever.

While quenching my thirst I heard footsteps behind me and turned around to see a Bambi throwing his fists in my direction. I dodged his poor aimed attacks and ran away a short distance, turning and waving to indicate I meant no harm. What does he do? He comes at me again! Fists swinging furiously as I continued to dodge his attack.

Out of options I stepped in and punched him squarely in the face, instantly dropping him to the ground. While he was down I threw a few more punches, to make sure he wasn't getting back up, and then went back to the well.

This was the fourth time in my last few sessions that I've been attacked while unequipped by other unequipped players - players that have no idea how to melee because only two of them ever landed any punches. 

I'm not sure what my point is but, guys, what the hell?!

• Like 2

different strokes for different folks, you dont attack on sight some others do. there are to many thread started about this already. how about you go tell your tail on one of them instead of starting a new pointless thread. imo.

• Like 1

the people who POS are probably the same people who KOS, also I generally assume if I'm a fresh spawn and a fresh spawn is POSing me, they must either be new or a bambi hunter without gear lol

I like the idea of punching in the game, and really the ability to knock people out with fists isn't a bad thing. It really just teaches you to be cautious of anyone and everyone and it gives new spawns the means to defend themselves against people who would otherwise camp them for no reason. It's a shame people punch anyone they see, but in reality those people are just jerks and would just do the same thing with any weapon they'd get. I've punched people in the head before who were threatening me, and I've been punched in the head threatening people (not bambi's of course... unless I really want them to eat my banana). I still like it just the way it is.

Edited by Maia
  • Like 1

i mike tyson the shit out of anybody i see.