Sign in to follow this  
iwonamathdebate

How noticable is the flashlight?

For those of you that enjoy playing at night time:  How easy is it to spot a player far away who's using a flashlight?  Obviously a white beam of light will be easily noticeable in a city if you're looking for one, but what about out in the woods or across a big field? 

So currently, flashlights and lamps shine light through walls... It is very noticeable from short to medium distances.... 

You can see it extremely good. As far as I know it still shines through objects, which makes it extremely visible everywhere and even through houses and trees.

If you want to be stealthy don't use the flashlight if you don't need to (I mean: don't use it all the time - this is no free pass to abuse gamma.)

So currently, flashlights and lamps shine light through walls... It is very noticeable from short to medium distances.... 

Wow, wasn't expecting that one, comes with buying the alpha I guess.

And to kichilron, I don't plan on using the gamma settings.  More fun to see how things play out with the flashlight.

• Like 1

Being a hunter, seeing a flashlight is one of the funniest experiences because it lights up everything! If you plan on playing on mid-high population servers you'll probably end up dead using a flashlight.

If youre gonna use a flashlight on a night server you may as well shoot yourself in the face to save the other person from doing so

I was playing on a server with four people. Buddy and I were trying to meet up and we were both almost to the NWAF. I had just gotten there and decided to check the hangers. After a couple of minutes my buddy says he's close to the area and he's just on the other side. 

While I'm standing on the air strip and my buddy is still trying to catch up to me I see a flashlight across the air strip. At first I thought it might of been one of those bugs at night or just one of the lamps not loading (it was a far distance). I started to run closer to it there was a flashlight showing up through the wall and there was someone in the jail house and barracks across from the hangers. 

When I realized it someone and not the game being alpha or a flickering light I crouched and started to move towards the jail house to check it out. As I was traveling to the jail house I still was watching as the flash light was moving around and in that time I noticed a second light. 

After seeing the second light I started to move slowly until I was just right outside the wall that encompasses the jailhouse and the barracks. At this point I was about ten feet out in the brush right on the edge of the road,

but I thought if I got on the road they might see me since the road is sand. I decided to stop and pull out my Mosin and just wait to see where they were headed. 

About two minutes later they both were traveling slowly behind the entrance and they decided to stop for a second. This was decision time and with my buddy about to be here it might cause problems so I did what I had to do. I executed one of them in an instant and the other got away from the entrance and went behind the wall I believe. 

As this slowly came about the second guy started to appear while crouching where the wall ended and the opening began.  I was about ten feet from him laying on the edge of the brush. 

It brings me hope that the guy didn't experience any pain as bullet ripped through his head. I told myself its what had to be done as I wasn't willing to risk an entire scenario going down where my buddy and/or I didn't make it. 

-----

And that's why flashlights are extremely dangerous. 

If youre gonna use a flashlight on a night server you may as well shoot yourself in the face to save the other person from doing so

Sounds like a good plan.  I was looking for a reason to use the mosin, maybe I'll just shoot it for fun while night looting (with my torch waving around of course).

• Like 1