Sign in to follow this  
senthos

How do i join the beta patch? (when its up)

First of all thanks for taking the time to answer my noob question, anyways;

How do i switch over to the beta patch when its online again? (running on steam)

i right clicked dayz, went to properties, the "betas" tab then clicked "experamental preview testing version", (did i do this right?) but underneath it asks for some code? is it necessary? if so where can i find it?

Also, is there any way of knowing when the beta patch is up?

Edited by senthos

No, you don't need a code. I don't suggest using it at the moment, though. You won't find any servers.

The patch is delayed and you'll find no servers.

• Like 2

I don't believe it is, i think that is just the template steam uses, and if its in the list you already have access to it.

okay so far i know that i don't need a code...but im still quite confused,

Simply keep playing the game like you normally would and don't use the experimental branch, as there currently are no servers for that.

• Like 1

Simply keep playing the game like you normally would and don't use the experimental branch, as there currently are no servers for that.

dude if i feel like spamming the "join game" button or whatever till my fingers fall off that is my own choice. i paid for the game just like you and everyone else, and have every right to try the beta patch, just like you.

are there actually no servers, or just the few amount of servers are full?

i just wanted to know if i did the correct procedure to accessing the beta patch

Edited by senthos

dude if i feel like spamming the "join game" button or whatever till my fingers fall off that is my own choice. i paid for the game just like you and everyone else, and have every right to try the beta patch, just like you.

:D What are you even on about? I was merely informing you, that there currently are no servers - I was trying to save you from the hassle of downloading the experimental build and then realising you can't do anything with it. Calm down and read posts before you reply to them.

• Like 1

:D What are you even on about? I was merely informing you, that there currently are no servers - I was trying to save you from the hassle of downloading the experimental build and then realising you can't do anything with it. Calm down and read posts before you reply to them.

sorry i came off as a dick lol, i edited my post a moment too late before you had a chance to see it. thanks for the help and time, you have my beans.

• Like 1