crazykage

Non KoS Test server proposal?

you can do all this and more RIGHT NOW on normal server :huh:

NOTHING STOP YOU ONLY BALLS YOU MISSING > :(

why you thinking BIS is decide to suspend all universal rules only for you? :D

grow a pair of testes and go out into public hive and do the tests report results and stop this fantasy no sense idea OF CAREBEAR TESTING :lol:

KoS, I don't mean to insult you, but literally EVERY post I have seen you make is in direct contradiction to any form of intelligent thinking, and I am NOT talking about your combination of poor English, grammar, and sentence structure. English is obviously not your first language, and I don't fault you for that.

This idea isn't about PLAYING THE GAME, you asinine troll. I HAVE played the game. Plenty of hours already put in. Plenty of kills, and Plenty more deaths.

It isn't about creating a carebear paradise. I DESPISE that idea. Would NEVER play on such a server.

This is about creating an ORGANIZED, POLICED, player testing initiative, that only involves killing for the purpose of experimentation.

Christ, I just don't understand why some people are so opposed to this idea...

I get the feeling that people think that the DayZ team doesn't do any internal testing and that they "somehow" need people to do granular testing for them, which can't be done on the public hive due to player interference.

They obviously do their own internal testing, the hive is the "live" testing of how the game behave under normal usage. They don't need you to go test for collision bugs, they need you to try to play and report if you encounter strange behaviors.

Nice try to push your FF:OFF agenda OP.

• Like 3

KoS, I don't mean to insult you, but literally EVERY post I have seen you make is in direct contradiction to any form of intelligent thinking, and I am NOT talking about your combination of poor English, grammar, and sentence structure. English is obviously not your first language, and I don't fault you for that.

This idea isn't about PLAYING THE GAME, you asinine troll. I HAVE played the game. Plenty of hours already put in. Plenty of kills, and Plenty more deaths.

It isn't about creating a carebear paradise. I DESPISE that idea. Would NEVER play on such a server.

This is about creating an ORGANIZED, POLICED, player testing initiative, that only involves killing for the purpose of experimentation.

Christ, I just don't understand why some people are so opposed to this idea...

Yeah but they don't need you to do that or such a server would already exist.

I understand wanting to help, but how about focusing on the task you've been assigned (live play test), they have people working on the rest, don't worry.

I get the feeling that people think that the DayZ team doesn't do any internal testing and that they "somehow" need people to do granular testing for them, which can't be done on the public hive due to player interference.

They obviously do their own internal testing, the hive is the "live" testing of how the game behave under normal usage. They don't need you to go test for collision bugs, they need you to try to play and report if you encounter strange behaviors.

Nice try to push your FF:OFF agenda OP.

I don't have an agenda to create some sort of carebear paradise. I FULLY support killing players on sight. Do it myself. Have had it done to me, and never once complained.

I don't have an agenda to create some sort of carebear paradise. I FULLY support killing players on sight. Do it myself. Have had it done to me, and never once complained.

Allright.

Still, our task (if there is any) is live testing.

• Like 1

I fail to see how this idea would do anything BUT benefit the community.

So the devs do all their own testing. They know that the ladder on THAT building is bugged, but that all the other similar buildings are not.

Do WE?

Anything we find would benefit us AND the devs. I doubt they have the manpower to test everything there is to test.

(just realized, my obsession with testing things is making me feel like GlaDDoS...)

OP :huh:

go here http://feedback.dayzgame.com/my_view_page.php

make account get involve find bugs contribute like 1,000's doing for weeks ;)

don't worry about sniper don't worry about melee attack :o

for sure dayz juggernaught continue forward even if you die from the axe in berezino :D

is all part of early release and we need to test game in current state complete with pvP

I know is sad thing when you are doing complicate experiment in guglova with health deteriorate system and then headshot putting you on beach :huh:

is ok, I feel pain with you :)

start again, go back, continue experiment BE PIONEER and look danger in the eye and say 'NO!!!! you don't stop me doing progress!!!' >:(

Edited by KoS

I didn't mean to suggest that I would keep information to myself.

Is that supposed to be better? Now you're not just spoiling the effort of discovery for yourself, but you're doing it for a large part of the community.

I'll try to be more clear.

Knowledge is an asset in the game, just like beans and ammunition. Gaining knowledge is something you should have to do as a regular part of playing the game. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever why you should be afforded a special protective bubble of PvP immunity in order to go gather a bunch of data on how weapons operate or what items do what. That's something you should have to figure out for yourself as a regular part of playing the game. If someone hears you testing your Mosin accuracy range and comes and plugs you in our cerebellum, well that's the way this cruel world works.

• Like 1

So instead of figuring things out by actually playing the game the way it is meant to, you want easy mode. ltp

Ok, so I cant FORCE people to not kill others without permission on a private server. Fine.

Maybe we can mitigate trolls and others by doing two things:

1: Label the server in such a manner that indicates it is a dedicated community testing initiative, and ASK other players to be "nice".

2: Gather a decent number of players willing to cooperate and test together (safety in numbers), using the above server as the testing location. Include a teamspeak or something for communication and organization, and go ACTIVELY hunt for bugs and glitches.

Anyone interested? PM me and we'll talk. If I can get enough people together, Ill do it.

Is that supposed to be better? Now you're not just spoiling the effort of discovery for yourself, but you're doing it for a large part of the community.

I'll try to be more clear.

Knowledge is an asset in the game, just like beans and ammunition. Gaining knowledge is something you should have to do as a regular part of playing the game. There's absolutely no reason whatsoever why you should be afforded a special protective bubble of PvP immunity in order to go gather a bunch of data on how weapons operate or what items do what. That's something you should have to figure out for yourself as a regular part of playing the game. If someone hears you testing your Mosin accuracy range and comes and plugs you in our cerebellum, well that's the way this cruel world works.

Ok zed. Fair point. your right. THAT kind of knowledge should be earned, not shared. I actually agree with you if I think about it that way.

But that's no reason for me to shut my idea down. There are plenty of other things to test out. Like actively hunting for bugs and glitches. Then reporting on them to the devs and the rest of the player community.

Edited by Crazykage

NO

Because nobody wants to do that and there is no point in doing that without zombies. 

If you want to walk around and do nothing, plenty of great games for it. Try Minecraft? It's one of the best games ever if you literally want to do nothing. Not saying there isn't stuff to do in Minecraft, but if you NEED to do NOTHING, it's probably a much better fit for you than DayZ.

NO

Because nobody wants to do that and there is no point in doing that without zombies. 

If you want to walk around and do nothing, plenty of great games for it. Try Minecraft? It's one of the best games ever if you literally want to do nothing. Not saying there isn't stuff to do in Minecraft, but if you NEED to do NOTHING, it's probably a much better fit for you than DayZ.

Are you trolling me dude?

Im not talking about doing NOTHING.

Im talking about bug and glitch hunting. Coordinating to get it done faster and avoid redundancy. If you don't want to do it, that's fine, I don't hold it against you. I just fail to understand how everyone can be so against an idea that is entirely beneficial to everyone, if you don't mind putting the time in. Hell, theres no reason we cant have a little fun while doing it. Im sure I and anyone else who got on board would find a way to have a few lulz.

It amazes me. Make a thread about restricting KOSers and bandits to someone elses play style? Fine. Make a thread complaining about state of game? fine. Make a thread complaining about people who make threads about complaining about the state of the game? fine.

Make a thread about an honest idea that would be beneficial to the community?

The offer still stands, folks. If you would like to join me and help make this game a better place, PM me.

It will never work, it's just going to be the juiciest bandit bait server .   

The amount of uncertainty and untested misconceptions I've seen thrown about these forums in my short time here suggests that this is a good idea. This is not a thread about KoS, this is a thread about testing. These misconceptions are created because there are some things you can't attain a definitive conclusion in a "live testing environment", you actually need a controlled environment where you can refine your results by process of elimination.

When I was playing a lot of Battlefield 3, I belonged to a community at Symthic.com where we would find bugs and derive exact values through testing in private servers and examination of the game code. Go there some time and look at the weapon stats. Those do not come from DICE, those came from the community. I once spent at least an hour in a private server with three others repeatedly killing and reviving eachother under controlled conditions to test the exact boundaries of the hitboxes and their different damage multipliers from multiple angles. Symthic even had large undertakings to collate the data and findings in a concise, well-reasoned manner and submit a report to DICE that affected the content of future patches. This was a massive development studio backed by EA, and Symthic found hundreds of issues their paid QA teams never discovered, and this was months after release, not in the open alpha stage. The DayZ team is tiny by comparison, and BI does not have the resources of EA.

This idea is a good one and worth exploring if given the opportunity, both for the benefit of the community and DayZ's development. Need I mention that the Battlelog forums never got shit done other than flaming eachother and calling for nerfs and buffs regarding mechanics they did not understand?

get together 40 guys having same idea and fill server problem solve ;)

fingers cross I don't manage to infiltrate  :thumbsup: :ph34r:

• Like 1

Personally I'm kinda fond of this idea for the selfish reason that I don't get to pour as many hours into DayZ as I would like & as others do. Thus my knowledge of the games workings is poor in comparison, but I receive a gratifying surge of euphoria upon discovering something new for myself, and it usually happens when one is thrust into the unexpected.

Perhaps you could set aside a portion of the map for testers, like one/two small towns and immediate surrounds, (Gvozdno was a brilliant suggestion - trees, fields, rolling hills, decent sized town way up north) with stipulation there will be testing going on in this area & that it will be defended ferociously.

Then you just get twenty guys in the trees around your testing area plugging anyone who's naughty.

On second thought if you could get 20 guys together you'd pretty much have a 'mobile testing solution' once geared - no-one's gonna take on a squad of that size ambiguously making their way around the map.

Personally I'm kinda fond of this idea for the selfish reason that I don't get to pour as many hours into DayZ as I would like & as others do. Thus my knowledge of the games workings is poor in comparison, but I receive a gratifying surge of euphoria upon discovering something new for myself, and it usually happens when one is thrust into the unexpected.

Perhaps you could set aside a portion of the map for testers, like one/two small towns and immediate surrounds, (Gvozdno was a brilliant suggestion - trees, fields, rolling hills, decent sized town way up north) with stipulation there will be testing going on in this area & that it will be defended ferociously.

Then you just get twenty guys in the trees around your testing area plugging anyone who's naughty.

On second thought if you could get 20 guys together you'd pretty much have a 'mobile testing solution' once geared - no-one's gonna take on a squad of that size ambiguously making their way around the map.

Gotta get that many people on board first. have yet to receive any PMs from interested parties. Cant say I blame anyone that ISNT interested. But we will see...

There is no reason to discuss this really. Private hives will be allowed eventually, so you can do whatever the hell you want.

There is no reason to discuss this really. Private hives will be allowed eventually, so you can do whatever the hell you want.

If so, then I would still need to get people together. not worth it to rent an entire server just for myself.

So, yes, there is reason to discuss it.