Sign in to follow this  
TheWeedMan

FIX the issues before adding more content!!!

Instead of adding more content to the game can we have the major issues dealt with first.

Most of the issues are still present from the release day and should be the major priority instead of adding new content which will simply add to the known buglist.

Once these are fixed new content should then be added, bugfixed and so forth.

Known issues:-

Rubber Banding.

Noclip Zombies.

Ladder Falls.

Player Noclips.

Loot Placements.

Infected hearing sensitivity (i.e. Footsteps in buildings).

Weapon+attachment blinking/flickering.

Optimization.

Stepover needed on stairs or animation played at ladders.

Fixing these things now will lead to more stable patch releases and less bug reports to sift through.

• Like 1

These are things that will take a while to fix and the people who are squashing bugs are not the same people that are modelling and texturing weapons etc. Bug fixes and new content will be developed in parallel.

• Like 5

Yeah but continuously adding script content to the engine code is like watching a spoilt rich fatkid at burgerking.

The code only gets longer and more bugs keep mounting.

• Like 1

Yes! I agree with you, Especially on the optimization idea.

i guess optimization is an ongoing process. you just can optimize a system as it develops (or when it is finished). it really doesn't make any sense to optimize everything to a max and then add all content only to find out that by adding this content everything again is de-optimized O.o

Edited by joe_mcentire
  • Like 1

Instead of adding more content to the game can we have the major issues dealt with first.

Most of the issues are still present from the release day and should be the major priority instead of adding new content which will simply add to the known buglist.

Rubber Banding.

Noclip Zombies.

Ladder Falls.

Player Noclips.

Loot Placements.

Optimization.

Fixing these things now will lead to more stable patch releases and less bug reports to sift through.

Serioulsy? This has been post #105 about this....at least today...

Ever thought about the fact that there is more than one person working on this game?

ya see the dayz team was going to go and change there plans to do what you want but I am telling them right here not to so when they dont fix these bugs,its because I don't want them to,because I want a shotgun.

Just so you know

Edited by meat pie

Yes! I agree with you, Especially on the optimization idea.

Optimisation is the last thing that gets done in a development cycle. Server/Network optimisation will appear first, but client-side will not be done any time soon.

• Like 2

You do know that multiple people work on the game and all of them work on different things right? You cant have the animators working on the netcode or the asset creators optimizing servers...

Still, this is not a "released" product, they have a lot more to do than just stability patches.

You can't expect them to get any work done if they have to fix bugs everytime they release a feature. People keeps forgetting this is not a finished game and that Dean himself advised everyone NOT to buy it in the current state.

Edited by Lady Kyrah

So what your saying is create the game then go back and fix the bugs? Lol

Realistic they could continue to add stuff without fixing everything and still stick to the road map, the alpha is set to last a year and they did warn us all it could break.... the team is working on bugs but its totally at there discretion, they could just bug fix the last 3 months of alpha, there might be problems that are not worth addressing until they add .......... feature.

I am new to dayz and did not play the mod but I suggest you did what I did and buy the arma 2 games for the mod (yet to play it because Sa has not broken yet), that way you have this to help them test and you have the mod to just play and enjoy.

I see my 30 dollars as a investment, helping them have the funds to make the game great in the coming year, I did not spend 30 dollars for a working title.

Edited by Jimbo_au

Rubber Banding.

Noclip Zombies.

Ladder Falls.

Player Noclips.

Loot Placements.

Optimization.

And what happens when they fix all that and then when they add new content something breaks again? keep doing it over and over and over against each time a new piece of content breaks the last optimization?

Clasically betas are for fixing bugs and optimization