Sign in to follow this  
Space Milk

Blood from zombies

Zombie bodies should last longer, and blood should be tested and extracted from them for a transfusion.

Zombie bodies should last longer, and blood should be tested and extracted from them for a transfusion.

Zombies don't have balota blood you know?

Even if they do, it's 10x times more poisonous than disinfectant.

EDIT : How the **** are you immune if rotten food kills you, and wrong blood type kills you too?!

Edited by Doviszxc

You'd need to test their blood type and even them I'm not sure I'd want an unknown zombie's blood in me. o,o

EDIT : How the **** are you immune

That's just the story of the game. It's why we're "Survivors."

Still, I don't buy a blood transfusion. Just because we're immune to the disease doesn't mean we're immune to the effects the disease might have on normal red blood cells.

In other words, just because we can't contract the infection doesn't mean infected blood won't kill us.

no, just no

As he is talking taking blood from a dead zed how do you intend on getting the blood covered this once before you need the heart pumping to extract blood via a iv method. Perhaps if you could get it from them while there alive lol..

All in all i am rather thinking this idea is a turkey you win some you loose some.....

In Minecraft you can eat Rotten Zombie Flesh with little risk. ^^

A..A...A...Are..

No.. you... you didn't j..just

Com..compare Mine..craft to Day..Z?

In real life you can take blood from the dead for transfusion.

The zombies in this game are not zombies, they are regular infected people that are mindless killing machines.

There is no reason the virus would attack the blood, unless it wants the infected to be weak and die early.

Zombies don't have balota blood you know?

Even if they do, it's 10x times more poisonous than disinfectant.

EDIT : How the **** are you immune if rotten food kills you, and wrong blood type kills you too?!

You are immune to the infection.

You can take blood from the dead for transfusion in real life.

They are just infected people, they aren't actually dead.

Test their blood.

They aren't zombies?

Infected.  My bad.  They are infected with something.  Go ahead and inject some blood from a person with AIDS into your blood stream and let me know how that works out for you.  The same principle applies to this scenario.  They are infected, and I do not want what they have - therefore, dafuq?

Edited by Mdogg2005

Infected. My bad. They are infected with something. Go ahead and inject some blood from a person with AIDS into your blood stream and let me know how that works out for you. The same principle applies to this scenario. They are infected, and I do not want what they have - therefore, dafuq?

You are immune to the disease. Rocket said it himself.

You cannot catch it.

If you were immune to AIDS and need blood, but the only guy with blood was a dead person with AIDS, would you get it?

In real life, you CAN get blood transfusions from the dead (3rd time saying this)

So you can kill the infected and take their blood.

Edited by Space Milk

You are immune to the disease. Rocket said it himself.

You cannot catch it.

If you were immune to AIDS and need blood, but the only guy with blood was a dead person with AIDS, would you get it?

In real life, you CAN get blood transfusions from the dead (3rd time saying this)

So you can kill the infected and take their blood.

Well hey, go ahead and take some AIDS blood in - you might be immune.  Either way let me know the results, I'm intrigued. 

What I'm saying is that it's fine and dandy that rocket said that we're immune, but how does my character know that?  My character doesn't know or care what "rocket said" so why would he, in good conscience, extract blood from an infected being and willingly inject it into his own blood stream?

I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, I'm genuinely asking.

Edited by Mdogg2005

Well hey, go ahead and take some AIDS blood in - you might be immune.  Either way let me know the results, I'm intrigued. 

What I'm saying is that it's fine and dandy that rocket said that we're immune, but how does my character know that?  My character doesn't know or care what "rocket said" so why would he, in good conscience, extract blood from an infected being and willingly inject it into his own blood stream?

I'm not trying to argue or be difficult, I'm genuinely asking.

If he was attacked by a zombie and didn't become one of them then he would realize he was immune.

My character never shot a gun, turns out he can snipe people from miles and go full auto while remaining on target.

My character never shot a gun, turns out he can snipe people from miles and go full auto while remaining on target.

I see what you did there.  I'm still not sure I can accept your argument, but I definitely see what you're saying.  Also getting a scratch from an infected and having your fluids intertwine with theirs are two separate things.  Take a look at 28 days later, the movie which Dean has expressed had a huge influence on the design of the infected in DayZ.  People get scratched or punched - no biggie, but if you get their blood or saliva in your body you're screwed.

Being punched by an infected (obviously, this is all fictional so I can't say for certain) would not infect you, but being bitten, where their saliva is put into your body, will - for example.

I see what you did there.  I'm still not sure I can accept your argument, but I definitely see what you're saying.  Also getting a scratch from an infected and having your fluids intertwine with theirs are two separate things.  Take a look at 28 days later, the movie which Dean has expressed had a huge influence on the design of the infected in DayZ.  People get scratched or punched - no biggie, but if you get their blood or saliva in your body you're screwed.

Being punched by an infected (obviously, this is all fictional so I can't say for certain) would not infect you, but being bitten, where their saliva is put into your body, will - for example.

Ok well you got me there. I guess if he tried experimenting on newspawn, like force feeding them zombie blood to make them zombies and shoot them, but nothing happens, it might just unroll right infront of them.