Sign in to follow this  
bryanslegend

How do I switch to experimental builds?

I may sound like a noob of some sorts, but how does one switch to experimental builds for the new patch that was released today? I can't seem to figure this out...

Right click on DayZ in steam, go to properties -> Betas -> opt into experimental

• Like 1

what does this even do?

what does this even do?

Allows you to test the experimental builds before they go into the "actual game."

The new update is launching via the experimental build tonight, it will become available to everyone else towards the end of the week.

i really wanna try it... do i need to redownload the whole game if i want to go back to the stable version?

No. You'll simply need to go back to your properties and exclude yourself from beta testing. You should change the option to none. 

Hello there

Swapping to and from builds may require some files to download, but on the whole they should not be too vast.

Also, Make sure your game is NOT running when you swap over. We have had reports of this allegedly.

Rgds

LoK

Switching back to the current stable version from the coming experimental build is a 108mb download.

• Like 1

The next update seems cool because it will add shots guns,and shot guns will take shells so you dont need to find mags to load the bullets in

States on my steam that you need a code, is this correct after you've opted in the for the experimental stage, or have I just been too excited and got there too early ? 

Even after I right click and switch to Experimental, when I launch the game, it is still the stable build, or 30. and not 31. I don't know what to do :/

The experimental build is not currently available, they released it then took it down again due to a bug, we just have to wait.

• Like 2

The experimental build is not currently available, they released it then took it down again due to a bug, we just have to wait.

Thank you, I was about to reinstall my game.