Sign in to follow this  
Vanrick

FPS Question

I just combined arma 2: Free with Operation arrowhead for Combined operations Lite. My computer isn't that great so the Fps is pretty shitty. I joined a particular server directly from the multiplayer section of DayZ Mod and the framerate was silky smooth, why is this? The ping isn't even that great so it's not a connection issue, what is the difference between that server and the rest? What can I do to re-create this scenario? Any help would be appreciated! :)

I'm having the same issue, the normal Arma without the mod plays sliky smooth.

When i play the mod, i have really bad fps, around 10fps max. be it in the wilderness or in a city, it's almost unplayable. 

Some servers seem to be better than others as well-i'm guessing the more modded the version the worse the FPS. I mostly have 60+frames on most servers (with drops in the cities) but on some servers I get drops down below 20 fps, which is solved by relogging usually. I think Dayzero or Dayz+  are supposedly more optimized mods so that would be worth a look. Lastly, adjusting your graphic settings can yield good improvements in terms of FPS and visibility.