Sign in to follow this  
TheSpaceUnicorn

Weirdest lag EVER

Hey,

So for a whole day now me and my friend have been trying to join the same server to play together (Obviously). But we can't. It's the weirdest kind of "Lag". If I join the server first I am able to play just fine, everything works, but the second my friend joins everything just stops. Our log out area (we call 'em logs I dunno what you guys call them) is in the same area so we can see each other, but it's like we are sprinting in place or standing, well it seems like that to the other player, on our client we our moving around but the other player is not. Another thing is we can't open doors, use our "hot bar" or move things in our inventory. Also, let's say I want to bandage myself with a rag or whatever, I would have to right click on the rag, but when I do this the message where it should say "Use rags" is a grayed out "Receiving..." message. This applies to everything in our inventories. I mentioned earlier that I can play when my friend is not in the server I want to make sure you know that he can't do anything even when my game is closed! So we re-installed his client to no avail... 

Thanks.

Hey,

So for a whole day now me and my friend have been trying to join the same server to play together (Obviously). But we can't. It's the weirdest kind of "Lag". If I join the server first I am able to play just fine, everything works, but the second my friend joins everything just stops. Our log out area (we call 'em logs I dunno what you guys call them) is in the same area so we can see each other, but it's like we are sprinting in place or standing, well it seems like that to the other player, on our client we our moving around but the other player is not. Another thing is we can't open doors, use our "hot bar" or move things in our inventory. Also, let's say I want to bandage myself with a rag or whatever, I would have to right click on the rag, but when I do this the message where it should say "Use rags" is a grayed out "Receiving..." message. This applies to everything in our inventories. I mentioned earlier that I can play when my friend is not in the server I want to make sure you know that he can't do anything even when my game is closed! So we re-installed his client to no avail... 

Thanks.

Are you playing on the same network?  If so, you may have to change your clientport.

What you describe is desynch, not only lag, please add your info to this thread:

http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/topic/164323-update-161-player-proximity-desync-issue-solutionsworkarounds/

take part in the poll and so raise the devs awareness of this problem. Thank You! 

Edited by SprStnd

I'm not exactly sure it's desync, we've played together for a while, both getting desyncs of 10k. This will sound really stupid, I know it does to me, but when we both uninstalled the game it started working... Thanks for the help anyways guys. Tell me if you have any idea what this could have been, I'm still really curious about it!

if you cant see other people move, cant open doors or use your inventory then you are desynched and dont get the updates to your actions from the server, neither the updates of the people who dont move, which is actually the reason they dont move... at least as far as i know. But if its working again, enjoy your game.:P

• Like 1